The Baja350 - A Dentside Story

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
Got started this weekend with the first attempts at floating these things together. Getting this joint just right & aligned is going to take me a long time I think.

Started with a combination of 2 floor jacks and an ATV jack with sketchy brick risers that looked like this:

Quickly realized how dumb of an idea that was. I was going to need way finer adjustment than the jacks could provide not to mention stability while I'm measuring 5 or 6 different things. So I hit amazon trying to find some low-profile screw jacks and found some RV stabilizer jacks that were available for next-day shipping so that I didn't waste sunday. They'll work, but they're pretty cheap so the jack is not very well retained so it's a bit wobbly. Just add ratchet straps :) pics below.

Started measuring and grinding to fit. It's a pain in the dick.
Every time I go from the "connected" position to the "I need to grind shit" position I have to take the frame off the screw jacks completely to get room.
Doing that solo is frickin' hard so I took lots of breaks and spent a lot of time just staring at the damn thing, lol.

Unrelated: if anyone wants this gas tank let me know. It's the stock rear tank. probably something like 20 gallon capacity, fits between narrow frame rails.

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds