The Baja350 - A Dentside Story

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Your cage idea sounds like what I was planning when I had my supercab. Have you seen autofab's body mounts with the poly bushing mount built into them? I think he only has them for the 80's-90's trucks but this idea can be utilized well here I think. You'll be making custom body mounts anyway on both the frame and the cab, so put some cage thought in early (if you haven't already) and you should be able to come up with a solid replacement.

*Edit* By "poly bushing mount" above I mean a tube mount, not just the basic body mount. These suckers: https://autofab.com/i-12006716-bronco-body-mount-to-cage-kit.html

Reactions: mikey09120

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I'm doing the cab on my f100 basically welded to the cage and the floorboard will be welded solid. Thats how my Tacoma was and it wasn't too loud at all my dynamat and carpet. Hopefully my new truck won't be too loud with the big fox shocks and a v8.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
i mean, sure. but you could use the same argument for plating the whole frame. When is it enough?
Right now it's got ~4-5 inches from the cut to the back of the doubler.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
are you asking about a cab swap?

That almost certainly would have been easier. I'm working in a 2 car garage with almost zero driveway space. having 2 dead cars is not an available option for me.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Only problem it would eliminate is splicing the frame. Not a problem but eliminates something someone might things is a problem.

Just like my tacoma's trailing arms were a 2 piece so i can cut them on my 4x4 table and people said they would break. Well years of use and a 75mph rollover on the freeway they were as good as day one and no issue ever which is how i assumed they would be but internet fabricators know everything

Reactions: Drayke

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds