The Baja350 - A Dentside Story

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't '80-96 inner bed shells the same or very close to the dentside ones? Plenty of those short beds around. If you're just gonna hang glass on it it'll probably end up saving you a lot of time too.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't '80-96 inner bed shells the same or very close to the dentside ones?
That's intriguing. I'll have to do some research into that. I definitely want to keep the tailgate & the dentside body lines but that latter piece can be accomplished with the fiberglass. I'll look into it.

Is this getting linked?
Yes.

Reactions: bullnerd

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I have heard f series beds from old to new inner panels are all similar and can be swapped. I've heard dent/bumpside tailgates swap onto the 80s and so trucks even with just a latch swap.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
That's intriguing. I'll have to do some research into that. I definitely want to keep the tailgate & the dentside body lines but that latter piece can be accomplished with the fiberglass. I'll look into it.

Yes.

Cool, looking forward to seeing how you do it.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
bought some new 17" wheels so that I can get reasonably priced tires that aren't dry rotted & start driving this thing.
Then went to a ranch weekend and ended up driving home with this LQ4 for the best deal ever.

The first step on the build plan is going to be to get a full motor/trans/t-case & electrical conversion done while the truck stays in the stock body & suspension configuration. Test & tune that out such that I know it's reliable, then start working towards the other build areas.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds