The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
In the 90's we towed an 84 4x4 with an 85 4x4. Needed to start in 4 low then shift to 2wd on the fly.
Hahahaha! You were doing that for real??? I knew it could be done!
Recently someone told me the trailer I have is to big for my truck to tow. Told him 4Lo to get it moving then shift to 2Hi on the fly! Hahaha!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I get issues with the bead peeling off and dirt getting deposited in it at around 20psi on my non beadlock wheels. That is only super aggressive driving on hard pack. Or wacked ass obstacles trying to peel tire off at tuff trucks. LOL. That is on 15x8

When I was 15x7 it seemed like I could get down to around 17 or so before I started having issues. If it's mostly sand down yonder, you can probably go pretty low like mentioned above.

30 is def too high though.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Hahahaha! You were doing that for real??? I knew it could be done!
Recently someone told me the trailer I have is to big for my truck to tow. Told him 4Lo to get it moving then shift to 2Hi on the fly! Hahaha!

Yes. Did it for real. Did it many times towing trailers that weighed too much for a 4 banger. Also towed a trailer with a VW bug. Trailer with 2 bikes and a 3wheeler on it.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Moving the shocks out on the front upped your shaft speed. How many bleed holes open in the CO? And how much space between the top out washer and the piston?

Agreed on the tire pressure, start at 20F, 18R. I run the barge pretty hard with that pressure with 35's on 15X7's. Would have to occasionally clean the dirt out of the beads.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
It is hot as balls. And raining all damn day. But... I got my new AC installed and got the windshield wipers running again!!!

I love pull a part!. For about $20 I got a new (not just new to me, but actually new) windshield wiper motor! And driver side mirror. It took me longer to get this stupid thing wired up and running then it did getting it out of the truck and putting it into the new truck. Apparently for about 5 minutes in 1997 Ford put in a wiper motor that had six goddamn wires running to it instead of five. and the sixth wire is just an extra ground! it doesn't even make sense. SMH

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Moving the shocks out on the front upped your shaft speed. How many bleed holes open in the CO? And how much space between the top out washer and the piston?

Agreed on the tire pressure, start at 20F, 18R. I run the barge pretty hard with that pressure with 35's on 15X7's. Would have to occasionally clean the dirt out of the beads.
Front CO has all 3 bleeds open. I'll have to take it apart again to measure the stack height. I haven't changed any of the shims since the time when @Turboyota sent me that super secret race winning shimstack... so let me find the picture or info that I have on that

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
CORRECTION!!!!
My pressure gauge on my tire inflator modulation apparatus was faulty in it's assessment of the quantity of pressure per square inch that it was installating into my donut shaped direction/traction devices!
Actual measurement: 60+ psi in all tires!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: mikey09120

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
CORRECTION!!!!
My pressure gauge on my tire inflator modulation apparatus was faulty in it's assessment of the quantity of pressure per square inch that it was installating into my donut shaped direction/traction devices!
Actual measurement: 60+ psi in all tires!!!!

Jesus Christ!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
well, at least now you will get a real good feel on the difference in feel tire pressure can make. haha

And barge made me wonder something too. I have always mounted my C/O as far out as possible. I wonder if it would be smarter to NOT do that??

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds