The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not. Do you need hydraulic bumps on your truck if you have CO and BP on each corner? If the BP have built in bump zone do I really need the bumps? I was gonna sell them to my buddy for the front of his truck cause he just upgraded to coilovers. And I was just going to put some rubber bumps on in their place

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
You don't "need" hydraulic bumps ... especially with well tuned bypass/bump zone.

But, I have seen links fail and you put a lot of stress in a link if you don't distribute the load into the axle some.

So, poly on rear axle with bypass. no worries! IMO

That probably wont matter as much way out on beam end... but still never want metal to metal, right?

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
thank y'all for the much needed info as always! Def going to use this as we move forward and build more trucks here in the southeast. DR and everyone on here will receive all the credit for anything that turns out good!!!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So me and Mitch went to this raptard event this past weekend and the response from most of the people there was overwhelmingly positive! Well, except for the fully invested raptards that have more in their lights package than I do in this entire build! Lol!
At the last run if the day on the GP track Mitch sent it and his shock bolt "broke" and cause he don't have limit straps the beam drooped way out and pulled the coil out and it smashed the coil bucket on its bounce! We did some pro repair so he could drive home
Overall the TPPL KICKED SERIOUS ASS!!! That 2.3L is at the end of what she can do for me with this truck. I literally CANNOT outrun this suspension. Especially with the recent upgrades! There will be video and pics to follow.
All these raptor guys are like OMG this thing is so smooth and does not break your back! This dude asked me if I drive an automatic because he never hears me shift. I literally laughed out loud and told him I only use 2 gears. Then had to explain to him that I only shift when I go over the jumps cuz I don't have enough power to be going fast enough to shift anywhere else!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Sooooooo....
The V8 swap is happening sooner than later cause I completely smoked my PS pump. And I have all the parts ready to go.
My question is this...
Since I will already have everything out, and cutting the cage and such... How hard is it to put an f150 steering box in there and would it be worth it????

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds