The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
How is the driveshaft fitment? With my swap, I was able to just put the Explorer slip yoke on my stock driveshaft. Shit bolted right up after that.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
One thing to watch for is fan clutch to radiator clearance.

I swapped an explorer radiator (Double thick compared to ranger) into my ranger and my fan clutch munched into the radiator after some hard driving. Beefy motor and radiator mounts should help with that though.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
One thing to watch for is fan clutch to radiator clearance.

I swapped an explorer radiator (Double thick compared to ranger) into my ranger and my fan clutch munched into the radiator after some hard driving. Beefy motor and radiator mounts should help with that though.
This is an expo radiator. I have the room to move it fwd some. How far can the radiator be from the fan and still be effective?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
When I did the 5.0 swap, the Explorer radiator swapped right in place of the 2.5 one. Engine fore/aft position was identical to the explorer. forward ~1/3 of the fan blades were inside the shroud with 2/3 out. Still had excellent cooling, so I wouldn't be afraid to move the radiator out a smidge if you think you might need some wiggle room. Would suck to lose the rad too if/when the water pump shits the bed.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds