The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Got some fittings & hose, solid mounts for the reservoir, and some of those fancy connectors for the engine crossbar

And a leveling kit for the new Ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Am i retarded and missed how the thing caught fire or did you not mention that yet?

Then today I took the truck for a run around town. It did awesomely! It does wander a bit and over choppy country dirt roads it tends to step out a bit from time to time. Maybe not enough weight in the back? Anyway, literally one block from my house I ducking caught on fire

Pulled into a parking lot when I noticed it. Some dude comes walking up out of no where while I’m trying to beat the fire out with a blanket and says super nonchalantly “son. Reckon you might need a f’re ‘stinguish’r fer that one?”[/QUOTE]

It was a couple posts up.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Got that but what caused the fire
What has happened was...
I had reciently rebuilt the shocks and I had fixed them to the cage using those rubber blocks and zip ties. Either the fitting was not as tight as it needed to be and leaked out oil, or vibration cause it to leak. When I turned left right by my house it put pressure on that shock, and I was going slow enough for the oil to not just puts in the wind, so it sprayed/drip on the exhaust. Smoke filled the cab and I looked over my shoulder cause I thought it was the bed side had fallen off and rubbing on the tire. But there was a fire! I got bronchitis! Ain’t nobody got time for that

https://youtu.be/OkU7AJ6Vr_M

Reactions: mikey09120
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Got my super secret valving shim stack and gently used like new hydro bumpers from Rouse House of off-road and shit talking!

Then my installer mounted my “custom” shock reservoir mounts and “heat shields”

Thanks tur -bro-yoda !!!!

Any one got any hydro bumpers they wanna sell me for the front end?

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So I refilled the rear shock, then rebuilt the front two suspenders with the super secret guaranteed to win shim stacks, then took the taller park pro light for a run.
As I was backing out the driveway I see my renters husband. He’s from Germany. He’s never seen a Baja truck let alone rode in one. So I yelled out , get in, we’re going around the block. He should’ve known he was in for something else when I told him he had to put the 5pt harnesses on.
We cruised through the neighborhood and went straight down the road to the dirt roads. Along the side of some of the roads; are not quite Jeep trails, but more like when people drive their quads and sxs around. We jumped into a couple of those. And I never lifted and we never bottom out. It’s definitely a huge improvement!
He was pretty sketched out by then asking why we can’t just drive on the roads. On the way back I went full retard! I ran over every single curb I could and went as fast as possible down the dirt roads and side trails (as I felt comfortable that I would be able to stop if a child wandered into the road.)
By the time we pulled back into the driveway he was speaking half German half ‘Mercian and I had no idea what he was talking about. I waited till we parked to tell him I had caught on fire the last time I took the truck out. Hahaha

Next rallycross is the 20th in Georgia. I’m hoping to have it ready by then!!!!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds