The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
@partybarge_pilot I want to know more about the pinto thunder chicken
The thunder chickens had the same motor as the Pinto, SVO mustangs, rangers. It was a bolt in deal. Used the T5 from the TC. Cross member needed 2 holes drilled in it and that was about the extent of the mods to make it fit. Ran the whole TC engine harness and computer. Scored a 9" out of a fucking golf cart and put 2.5 exhaust on it. Stiffer waste gate, a FMU and a couple resistors doubled the power.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
The thunder chickens had the same motor as the Pinto, SVO mustangs, rangers. It was a bolt in deal. Used the T5 from the TC. Cross member needed 2 holes drilled in it and that was about the extent of the mods to make it fit. Ran the whole TC engine harness and computer. Scored a 9" out of a fucking golf cart and put 2.5 exhaust on it. Stiffer waste gate, a FMU and a couple resistors doubled the power.
That is epic!
Everyone 'roun here keeps telling me to just bolt that exhaust manifold to my engine and plumb the oil line to the turbo and run it till it explodes.
I've never turbo'd an engine before but I understand how they work

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: the bodj

rangerjosh

Sep 4, 2009
I'm gonna do it to the current motor in the truck. I need to start collecting all the parts. It I could get one from the junk yard like you said and put everything on it and do a straight swap

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
I did this with my old 97 before i did the 5.0l swap. I still have the injectors and tuner. I just bought the center mount turbo header on sleezebay and a cheap china turbo. you can get away with 7-8psi but those engines have really soft cast pistons and detonation is a issue. I ran mine turboed for probably 6 years with no issues. cheap setup would be the above mentioned header and turbo, then an external wastegate, mustang 5.0 cobra maf and injectors, i had my intercooler in the skid plate and drilled and tapped the block fir the return, fairly easy and runs way better but it is also a ticking time bomb if you start going up on boost, I had mine at 12psi with meth injection and it finally popped a hole in the piston. and this was all just off the programmer I bought from a guy on ranger station that did tuning now you could take it to a dyno shop and actually tune it but at the time I was just wanting to do it cheap

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds