The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Buy an 2-1 FMU if you keep the stock injectors. Avoid fueling issues. Also, I would stay around 6PSI with the stock pistons.

Water to air intercooler might be a better option. Really shortens the intake length and you can put the gianormus cooler anywhere.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Buy an 2-1 FMU if you keep the stock injectors. Avoid fueling issues. Also, I would stay around 6PSI with the stock pistons.

Water to air intercooler might be a better option. Really shortens the intake length and you can put the gianormus cooler anywhere.
2:1 fuel manifold regulator
I'll have to look into that.
Never heard of a water to air intercooler. I imagine they are like water to air heat exchangers for compressors?

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

rangerjosh

Sep 4, 2009
only problem with air to water is you have to have a water pump reservoir and a radiator for it also. air to air is a lot simpler but yes kind of bulky. and also the factory fuel regulator will work fine with that amount of boost no need for a rising rate regulator. my other truck has an air to water and it has a lot of extra parts

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Not an update on the truck. But I did get all the metal I need for the 3 link, a cut/bend/notch cart. And my fab shed wired for 240v and 120. Once I organize a bit more I should be able to have a full Fab shop for building the parts I need and such. Aaaaaaaasand then still welding in the driveway
bitching fan shed
all the metal
cut/bend/notch cart

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Got my ass out in the fab shed making tabs for the 3link
I spend way to much time for my stuff to look this ugly! Thank God for the prasma cuttle.
Time: Easy 2 full days of work
Music: all 90's punk
Hydration: 4loko cause it hydrates and motivates!
Tools: all harbour freight! I need those guys to sponcer me

Cardboard aided design and the wrong damn length bolts!

Obviously I don't make anything this beautiful but it's the basic idea for the frame side mounts

I'm want to make the upper frame side mounts with 3 different pivot points. One for anti squat, one at zero, and one for squat.
I've never driven a linked truck and I don't know what would work better for what I want to use this truck for

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
It stopped raining long enough to take the lower links up and check fitness in the truck
My idea was to Nock it all up at ride height with the leafs in. Then take the leafs off and cycle it to see how it goes

Frame side front of link

Axle side front view

Axel side rear view

And smoking some meat for all my fallen soldiers, sailers, Marines, airmen, and coasties

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So while your at it can you move the lower shock mounts out some?
If I move the bottom out they will be at an angle to where they mount to the cage. I would have to complete redo the upper mount. Although I'm already going to have to make a new mount for the bottom to have the bypass and coilovers on there. Aaaaaaaaaand I'm gonna have to move the sway bar and bump stops also. Probably should've just gone with the canoe style lower links.

I'll take some pics and tell me what you think as far as mounting

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds