The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Scale it now. If your not close to 50/50 now it's only going to get worse with the changes you are making. Moving the tank forward will put a lot more weight on the front than you think. You might look into moving the battery behind the axle.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Scale it now. If your not close to 50/50 now it's only going to get worse with the changes you are making. Moving the tank forward will put a lot more weight on the front than you think. You might look into moving the battery behind the axle.
The battery is behind the axel with a jack and 2 ammo/tool box. And there will be 2 spares behind the axel as well.

It doesn't have the fuel tank mounted yet so I can't drive it right now. Don't have a mobile scale so Would have to toe it to a scale

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Little more done on the 3 link.
Got the upper link mostly done, adding a plate to the upper link and tigged the frameside mounts
I'm working nights and the summer is upon us here in the dirty south. The air is thick with perspiration and there is a crazy amount of bugs out!
Time: 2hrs x 3 days
Tools: prazma cuttle, snapon Tig welder, HF migger weld, grinder cutter and wire wheel.
Swears yelled: 10+ mostly in exasperation because of the humidity

Also, the Midwest dirtfest is July 25! Fingers crossed I'll have this beast done and running by then

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Moved the upper coilovers mounts 2in just to mock up. They look like everything will clear. And motivates me to get back on this shit box.

Haven't yet finished the upper link mounts (face palm) they are giving me the most problem. When I welded the upper link it shrunk the gap between the heims, even with a piece of 2in.250 tube as a brace. So now, my idea on how I was going to mount to the frame will need to change a small bit.

And I bought one of those as seen on TV shirt fans. Hooked it upside down on my belt clip... Pure FUCKING genius

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So everything is tacked up. Cycled with no interference. It was hot as balls and just as sweaty! Every year I'm like goddam it's humid! Like it's a surprise.
Anyway.
Time: 8hrs of sweaty frustration.
Tunes: good ole 60's-70's classic rock
Dips of tungsten and resharpening: lost count in the first hour
Expletives yelled: literally every other fucking word
Liquid refreshments: 4loko for energy and to dround out the voice of reason saying go back inside
Work accomplished:
Built a cradle for the fuel tank. Found out that I would need to cut off the cage behind the axle if I wanted it to fit back there. Decided to go with the original behind the cab plan.
The tank is actually smaller than anticipated and there is more room than I thought. So... I can move it down and keep it close to the cab to lower the COG or, I can move it back almost a foot to re distribute
Got the 3 link tacked in and cycled. No interference, no binding.
Also made some of those rally style pin stands. They are solid AF and hold the truck at the perfect height

Reactions: Turboyota
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Didn't realize how much longer a 16in shock is compared to a 14in shock. The collapsed difference is just over 4in.
Not going to be able to reuse any of the original mounts

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds