The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Did a little work today. Hopefully got the cab sealed off. Used some 18g sprayed with 32k gold krylon, and a huge spooge of black caulk.
Got the AC blowing cold. Bout died from heat exhaustion driving around in this thing yesterday
Reposition the resi mounts... AGAIN.
Used some 1/8 x 1.25 flat stock and a cutting disk and bend the curve with a baby sledge and some 2x0.25 wall tubing.
Then I got the dash back in. Actually replaced all the zip ties with bolts even! and then realized I lost the little metal thing that goes around the stereo head unit that holds it in.
Other than that this pig is ready to go thrash tomorrow at the local offroad park!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
so I took the truck out to GTR today for the test it out cuz I've been waiting for those shims forever and I was like f*** it imma take this thing off road. got to admit straight away and I know that @partybarge_pilot is going to be looking down on me for this but I double flutter stacked all the compression and rebound on all 4 shocks in the rear. Did absolutely nothing to the front because it still works flawlessly.

now I got to tell you driving this thing with that three link is really like night and day on the handling and that's even with the b******* fluttered some stacks that I did in in all four shocks!!!!
off the gas coming into a corner or you know just not under power going through the whoops it stays straight and true. The back and never walked on me like those leafs used to do constantly. there's no more oversteer, when I take my foot off the gas turn the wheel it turns its like it's on tracks.
under a constant speed going through whoop sections it bucks a little bit but it actually bucks less now with what I've got going on then it did with the leafs and the bypass has before.
but when I'm on the gas hard coming out of a corner and trying to pick up speed and I start into some whoops the ass bucks hard! I do not like I feel like I'm gonna flip over it stuff under the nose of the truck but it's enough to pucker your a******!
we've had a good bit of rain recently, well all summer it's been raining and the trails have really got eaten up they're nowhere near as smooth as It used to be and the whoops seem a little bit deeper than what they used to be. I can't wait to get those real shim stacks for these shocks man cuz this thing is going to be awesome!

so I got out there to the GTR and started down one of the trails, told myself I was going to take it easy but you know how that goes so my dumbass got the truck stuck in like the first 15 minutes! and it took me an hour and a half to get it out! I'm buying a winch! I need one absolutely for that thing! do you guys have any suggestions for the best ones to get cost/reliable ratio?
got myself unstuck only managed to hit one little sapling f****** tree on the front left fender and then I tagged something in the right rear fender. and then went through a cup of water splashes and the truck started running like s***. so I got out of the woods, and my plan was just to drive it back over to where the staging area is take a look at it make sure nothing's broken or anything. but... it popped me out right onto the sand motocross track and I just couldn't help myself I ended up with a crack in the radiator. good thing I've got another one at home.

I'll look at the in-car helmet cam and see if there's anything worth showing off

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
Winch wise I have a Shittybilt 9500k on my CJ7 got it 4-5 years ago for $200 w/ a 4WP 30% off coupon. Only issue I had was my wife pulled her friend out of our ditch and left the controller hooked up and drove over the cord and ripped it and the plug out of the winch itself. Bought a new plug on ebay and good to go, thing is strong, fast, reliable and reasonably light for the price.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Winch wise I have a Shittybilt 9500k on my CJ7 got it 4-5 years ago for $200 w/ a 4WP 30% off coupon. Only issue I had was my wife pulled her friend out of our ditch and left the controller hooked up and drove over the cord and ripped it and the plug out of the winch itself. Bought a new plug on ebay and good to go, thing is strong, fast, reliable and reasonably light for the price.
$200 ain't bad

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds