The Houndrunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
I was talkin with a guy on the ranger station and he told me about how he bent the bottom of his driver’s side beam by hitting a rock. So before I put mine back in, I’m gonna plate the top and bottom, from the pivot bushing to the diff. Would .25” be strong enough or should I also add a 1” wide strip of .25” along the inside of the beam also? My though is, by making a triangle that runs from the pivot bushing, to the diff would add a lot of strength.

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
California
I was talkin with a guy on the ranger station and he told me about how he bent the bottom of his driver’s side beam by hitting a rock. So before I put mine back in, I’m gonna plate the top and bottom, from the pivot bushing to the diff. Would .25” be strong enough or should I also add a 1” wide strip of .25” along the inside of the beam also? My though is, by making a triangle that runs from the pivot bushing, to the diff would add a lot of strength.
Just make something like a skid under the diff area. I wish I would have done this before smashing a boulder with mine. Somebody sells one I believe. @WW_RANGER_X had one on his

Reactions: Rowdy Fitz

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Ok, I’ll add a .25” plate to the bottom and the top also, just to be safe.

Also, should I put a bend in my RA’s for more tire clearance and to align them more with the frame rails? Or just just run them straight.

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Ok, so I’m gonna just attempt to put a bend in them incase I decide to go to 35’s down the road. Today is my lovely wife’s birthday, I won’t be getting anything done to it today. Tomorrow I intend to install the U-joints and gears/locker. Hopefully I get to reinforcing the driver’s side beam top and bottom. Then It’ll just be reinstalling it and extending the RA’s, left to do!

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
I reinforced the bottom side of the driver’s beam. The snap rings for the U-joints haven’t came in yet. Napa has dropped the ball this time. I payed for and ordered 12, they got 4 in and then sold them to someone else….
For future reference, per the instructions in the tech forum at the ranger station, 1- 3/16” external snap rings fit the U-joint caps.

Attachments

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
My standard shit for luck has returned! The company that I ordered the front gears from, sent me standard cut gears instead of reverse cut. Also, I’m not the first person to be in this girl’s front guts. You can see the scarring.

Attachments

Reactions: Turboyota

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Well the company I bought the gears from doesn’t sell the correct gears. I ordered a new set through Summit since their description says it fits my axle. Price was comparable. I’m hoping it comes in, in time. I’m going on “vacation” Sunday. So I’ll have time as long as it gets there the beginning of next week.

Reactions: Turboyota

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds