The Houndrunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Since I screwed up and missed the race yesterday, thinkin it was today, I’m tryin my hand at extending the stock RA’s today. I’m using .25” plate and 1/8” E7018 rods set at 145 amps to get good penetration. I really buried my rod into it, as deep as I could go. I think it even gave out a slight moan for a second…

Attachments

Last edited:

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Ignore my pigsty of a garage, I didn’t feel like cleaning it today.
I don’t feel like I waisted the day away. I actually made some progress even if it wasn’t a lot. I spent 3 days driving, to drop a dog off in Montana to get bred. If I didn’t have my daughter with me, I would have done it in 2 days. But she had a lot of fun and the one on one time with her was good for her. I’ve been gone a lot this summer and it’s only half way over for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Got a little something done today. Rhode one of my horses, worked with another, went by napa and picked up a bearing to use for mocking up the D35 pinion. I tried to order snap rings for the U-joints last month. But Napa didn’t have them and said they can’t order anymore. I’m gonna have to order them myself. Might try to set up the diff tomorrow before I head to work.

Oh, I went to the local driveline shop to try finding snap rings. They didn’t have any either, but they were kind enough to press the bearing and oil slinger off of the standard cut pinion. I had installed it before I realized it was standard cut. That saved me a little money and a slight headache trying to get them off without destroying them.

Last edited:

Rowdy Fitz

Apr 16, 2021
Nevada
Thinkin that if I don’t get to it before I head to work tomorrow, maybe dropping off the diff at a shop tomorrow, to get it set up. Then it will be ready for me, when I come home next. That way, all I’ll have to do is put it in and run it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds