The in-law truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

3.0 power

Sep 29, 2011
ViStA
Schumacher metal works is moving along on the engine cage should be done by this weekend then it’s on to chopping off the rear frame and getting the 4link started

Reactions: Klever

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Always wondered. If you have all that tube work going on up front why do a plate metal shock mount? Why not just mount shocks to hoops like they do on other vehicles? Personal preference or is there a benefit?

3.0 power

Sep 29, 2011
ViStA
Always wondered. If you have all that tube work going on up front why do a plate metal shock mount? Why not just mount shocks to hoops like they do on other vehicles? Personal preference or is there a benefit?
The engine cage tubework is tied in to the cab cage to keep the frame Ridgid and the plate shock mounts are also tied in to the engine cage (kinda hard to see from the picture)

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
The engine cage tubework is tied in to the cab cage to keep the frame Ridgid and the plate shock mounts are also tied in to the engine cage (kinda hard to see from the picture)
I saw the plate mounts were tied in and all tied together. To me it just seems easier to run 2 tabs off a tube to mount a shock then do all that plate work. Of course I have never built anything out of plate so who knows.

3.0 power

Sep 29, 2011
ViStA
I saw the plate mounts were tied in and all tied together. To me it just seems easier to run 2 tabs off a tube to mount a shock then do all that plate work. Of course I have never built anything out of plate so who knows.
Yeah the plate shock mounts are pre built so the spacing and hight are already there that makes it easy, just line it up tack it on and there’s no guessing, the guy doing the work does a lot of a-arm chevy stuff so he has a lot of it pre build and already figured out

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds