The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Christian from Vital Designs brought the old '94 extra cab by yesterday to meet the new crewcab, and lend a helping hand getting the radius arms hung. It sure was nice to have a second set of hands for this portion of the process. I've got one more final fitment I need to do on the passenger side beam/radius arm, and then I should be ready to take everything to the powdercoaters.

I also need to space the factory bumps down a bit, but cannot for the life of me get a socket on the bolt or nut that's on the backside of the frame rail. From what I can tell, it's countersunk into the frame, and there's 23 years of gunk in there, as well as the nut or bolt head does not appear to even be centered in the hole. Any suggestions on how to get that out of there? Sawzall and get new factory bumps?

Here's a quick shot of yesterdays progress.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
I don’t remember those being recessed? Try smacking it with a bfh to move it if it’s off center see if it moves around? Could always take a sawsall to the little bastard.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I did something similar to your suggestion...put some big ass channel locks on the bump and started turning the bump to see if I could get it to move. That, combined with using a little screwdriver to clean the debris out of the countersunk hole allowed me to get a 12mm socket on there and remove it. Glad that's sorted out.

Reactions: Horunner

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds