The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Rear suspension time! She's up in the capable hands of the boys at Richer Racing for the removal of the factory spring hangers and then installation of a set of front and rear Desolate hangers, Desolate shackles, RuffStuff spring plates, and Deaver J40's. I have absolutely no idea what the J40's are going to do to the ride height, but really only one way to find out. I guess worst case we pull a leaf out or I take the truck up to Deaver to have the springs de-arced a little bit.

It's a Crew Cab party over at RR right now.

And then me being me, I took advantage of the bed being off the truck to power wash the frame rails, fuel tanks, etc... before they cleaned/painted the frame rails.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Damn! I cant believe how clean the trucks are you guys get to pick from! Looks brand new!

You should see the shit in NJ!

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
The boys over at Richer got the rear spring swap turned around super fast, and even had time to help me get the front skidplate mounted and a lower mount/crossmember for that fabricated. I'm super stoked how it all turned out, and snapped a few pics with the skid plate bolted to the skid plate structure before I pulled it off to get the crossmember removed for powdercoat.

I'll get some more pics once the skid plate crossmember has been powder coated and final installation is done on that and the skid plate. I'm debating a couple little cutouts with mesh backing at the top of the skid to peek out below the OEM bumper. What do you guys think, yay or nay?

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
A little more info on the new rear leafs....these are a pair of Deaver refreshed J40 Bronco springs. By my measurements they lifted the rear of the truck about 2" with the Desolate front/rear hangers and shackles. So far, the ride is definitely nicer on road than the stock leafs with massive overload leaf.

I guess I should sketch out the cutouts to see where they'd need to go and if they'd even be visible. Sounds like a good project for this afternoon.

Next up is a trip to the detailer to clean up the paint now that most of the cutting/grinding is done, and then Linex.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds