The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
It's only fair that you weigh in on the build of your future truck Jake...ha!

The rearend definitely needs paint, but I plan to wait until I pull that thing off the truck to add a truss kit, lower shock mounts, limit strap tabs, 2 link tabs and do a disc conversion. Then I'll clean up the housing and get a nice coat of paint on there.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
@ Jake, right now I'm kinda leaning towards just leaving it alone. It's got 4:11's and a factory posi, so I didn't notice too much difference when I went from 32's to 35's. My hope is that once I do the headers and Y-pipe, and do a little tune to get her running better and fix the speedo/shift points, it'll probably feel fine as is.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I took the truck to a buddy that gave it a full paint correction and detail, along with a few coats of SiO2 to keep things looking nice and shiny for awhile. Once that was done, I was able to slap all the new badges on there, and will be taking it in for Linex tomorrow. I'm debating Linex on the top surface of the rear bumper. What do you guys think...yay or nay?

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Haha thanks man. I'm so psyched with how this one is turning out. Once I get the LineX in, should look really nice, and be to a point where I can just enjoy driving the thing while doing small projects here and there.

Reactions: smokeysevin

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds