The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Here's his ad. Guy's name is Pat. Stand up guy.

Reactions: ljubera0250

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
A friend of mine motivated me to do a little photo dump since I've really just been posting stuff on IG (@themotleycrewcab). Here goes!

First up, 38 gallon tank swap time:

Also, some pics of the suede headliner installed:

Bed all done with Linex and accessories bolted in:

The most exciting update...finally found some Robbys for this thing. Super psyched how those turned out.

Had Tony set me up with some new 3" projector headlights...the output on these things is great.

Low beams:

High beams:

And then I decided to get real about how much this truck is going to see dirt, so I got rid of the 2.5/3.0's I was going to install, and went for some cute little resi 2.0's out back. Looking for something similar for the front of the truck as well.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Nice. It always seemed weird to me for pavement/tow trucks running large shocks.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Nice. It always seemed weird to me for pavement/tow trucks running large shocks.
Anything larger than a 3.0” is a waste but medium sized shcoks can drastically improve ride quality when loaded/ unloaded and for towing. It was a night and day difference when i put the OEM king 2.5”s on my silverado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Anything larger than a 3.0” is a waste but medium sized shcoks can drastically improve ride quality when loaded/ unloaded and for towing. It was a night and day difference when i put the OEM king 2.5”s on my silverado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Night and day vs some old Monroe's or VS 2.0 kings? Are we comparing 2.5's to old stock shocks or 2.0 vs 2.5 in the same shock? My 2.0 Bilsteins are night and day different to the stock shocks that were on the truck.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds