The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I've got a whole bunch of stuff that I'm waiting to install on the truck until after the paint/body work is done, like new chrome grille, headlight trim, LED projector headlights, LED taillights, fender badges, etc... but in the meantime, I've been doing some fun little upgrades here and there, as well as working on the wheels/tires that I'm gonna run after the suspension is all buttoned up.

Here's a few more goodies that I picked up from the zinc coaters a couple weeks back:

Some newer Super Duty bed bolts that I machined the heads down to clear some D-ring washers. Time to get rid of those awful carriage bolt style bed bolts.

Machined sill plates from OBS Solutions:

And then a set of factory Alcoas that I dropped off with the polisher to work his magic. I'm gonna run these with 315/75R16 BFG KO2's once the suspension is installed.

exp24

Jun 4, 2006
Nor cal
Rims looks bitchen! What do they charge for something like that? Looking to get something similar done.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I think it all depends on how much polishing they have to do, and if the wheels need to have any gouges repaired, etc... Usually somewhere in the $60/wheel range.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Next up, I had to figure out a more suitable rear bumper, since the OEM one hangs off the back of the truck way too low, and was also a bit bent up from the previous owner. I got lucky and found a weld it yourself rear bumper that someone had bought and decided not to finish. This was exactly the bumper I wanted to get, and since I don't believe that Will (WSDmoto) is selling them anymore, I was stoked to grab one.

Since I know exactly nothing about welding, I had Christian at VitalDesigns weld it up and blend everything for me. All that's left is to trim the mounting tabs down and drill the mounting holes. My plan is to powder coat the bumper gray, and then have the top surface Linexed. I'll also run 2 Baja Designs S2 pros in the bumper.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Christian can lay down some nice welds. The only "work" I can take credit for on this bumper is cutting out the holes for the flush mount lights, and mounting the LED license plate lights...ha!

Reactions: JakeEwing

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds