The Motley Crew: White '97 OBS Crew Cab Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
Well, I'm glad this is done. What a pain. luckily I had enough sound deadener left over to do the back wall of the cab up to the rear window.

Even though my carpet didn't look bad, the brown water running off of it when I power washed it told a different story. Still waiting to get it all dried out, but once I do, I'll slap that back in the truck and the interior will be in pretty good shape. The plan at some point down the road will be to replace the stock front seats with some PRP recliners, and get the center seat/rear bench reupholstered to match the PRP's.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Well, I'm glad this is done. What a pain. luckily I had enough sound deadener left over to do the back wall of the cab up to the rear window.

Even though my carpet didn't look bad, the brown water running off of it when I power washed it told a different story. Still waiting to get it all dried out, but once I do, I'll slap that back in the truck and the interior will be in pretty good shape. The plan at some point down the road will be to replace the stock front seats with some PRP recliners, and get the center seat/rear bench reupholstered to match the PRP's.

What brand did you go with? I would like to do this to my OBS crew cab as well. Let us know how it does!

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
On my '94 F-150 I used rattle trap off eBay (there's a little bit of that leftover used in this truck also), but most of what's in here is the Noico stuff off Amazon. It went on fairly easily, and I imagine it will do just as well as the rattle trap stuff did the last time around.

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I was able to get the interior mostly all put back together on Sunday...what a difference it made power washing the carpet. Feels so much cleaner inside the truck now. Next up I plan to have the headliner/visors redone in light gray Alcantara since the rear window is gonna be off the truck while it has some paint/body work done. Should be way easier to get that outta the truck via the rear window hole vs. one of the doors.

I also was able to finish installing my HID retrofit headlights from Tony (TCM GLX). Wow, what an improvement, not only in appearance over the old cloudy OEM headlight housings, but in light output as well.

Reactions: mikey09120

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I actually laughed out loud at that one. The end result is definitely worth it, but goddamn it really makes this whole process take a lot longer and cost a lot more.

Reactions: Turboyota

nubreed71

Mar 28, 2003
San Diego, CA
I spent this morning doing the last thing needed to get the truck ready to go in for body/paint. Got the hole cut out for the third brake light from Evil Manufacturing, and holes drilled for the rivet nuts. Next up they'll pull the rear window, prep the rain gutters, and paint the back of the cab and the roof. I'm also going to have them take care of a little bit of body damage behind the passenger side wheel well, and on the tailgate. Once that's all done, the exterior of the truck should be in pretty good shape.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds