The NEW Harbor Freight Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
New casters also on my welder cart. Once replaced been all good for a LONG time

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I bought the telescoping pole-mounted anti-zombie pike chainsaw chingadera.

Abused the fuck out if it so far—trimmed 2X eucalyptus trees and a pepper tree. Still works awesome.

Highly recommended:

^^^very similar usage to the above pic at my house, except no hardhat, gloves, or safety glasses. And i was precariously perched atop a 12’ ladder. BAC approx 0.08.
^^^Killed that fucker!!!

The keen observer will notice the business end of the telescoping saw stuck in a pepper tree branch at the top of the picture. The motor started smoking and then it gave up the ghost. (Possibly because the branch was clamping down on it, but whatthefuckever, i don’t need a fucking lecture, dad).

I was standing at the top of a 12 ft ladder, so naturally I gave it a little tug, then a twist, then subsequently more vigorous yanks(this sounds like my adolescence), until the bottom telescoping part of the saw departed from the business end.

FUCK!

Now I couldn’t reach the top half, and the curly telephone power cable was the only thing holding the two pieces together. Fuckit. I was pissed off by that point, so I rage yanked on that piece of fuck and ripped the power cable out of the top side.

GOOD!!!

FUCK YOU, anti-zombie pike chainsaw!!!!

Finally retrieved it with a rake:

Naturally, I am going to innocently return it this week...

Brandon_Charley

OG Member
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach
I finally started using my Bauer portable bandsaw and it's rad. I'm planning a few junkyard runs to replace clapped out suspension pieces on my street\drag project so I'm looking at the Bauer battery powered impact. Anyone have anything bad to say?

I'll probably pick up the sawzall too.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I finally started using my Bauer portable bandsaw and it's rad. I'm planning a few junkyard runs to replace clapped out suspension pieces on my street\drag project so I'm looking at the Bauer battery powered impact. Anyone have anything bad to say?

I'll probably pick up the sawzall too.
Check home depot. I was just there and they had a bunch of the batt. tools in the clearance section. They had a dewalt 20v 6 piece kit for $240. I grabbed my Makita 3/8 gun for $49. If I did not already have a few makitas I would have swooped on that 6 piece Dewalt kit

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
I got a 6 (really 5 as 1 is a light...) piece cordless tool kit made by Rigid from HomeDepot for about $260 after tax in Feb. I haven't used it a ton but I'm loving what little I've seen of it so far. Kit included 2 batteries, a charger, 1/2 impact, drill, grinder, a smaller "impact" which is just like a drill driver/screw driver and then that light that I won't use.
The Dewalt, and a couple other 5-6 piece kits were on sale like this one for around the same price. They all seem to waste space with the damned light too. I went with Rigid as this was the kit that had a 4" angle grinder in it vs. a circular saw that most kits had and I figured I'd use that more. Also I've loved my other Rigid tools (drill, shop vac and other crap I can't remember right now) that I've had for years so I figured these should turn out to be pretty good over time too.
Oh and free lifetime warranty through Rigid. Lots of people seem to have issues getting their tools signed up for this though based on the feedback online. I know I signed my corded drill up 15 or more years ago when I bought it and I've yet to need it. Shouldn't have said that just now though!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds