The Race Truck (that I have never raced)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
yes, full urethane with sleeve for the bolt like the picture
rubber cab mounts replaced with steel
cage welded to frame and cab sheetmetal,
still have the carpet and some interior,
no sound proofing yet,
urethane motor mounts
2.5 not 4.5 kings bro
View attachment 214532
Siiiiiiiiick Kings, BRAH!

Sound proofing and carpet will help a little bit. Headphones or blasting Metallica will help the most.

When go-fast newbies(like my old decrepit parents, for instance) ride with me, I always say: “You are going to hear lots of clicking, creaking, clanking, and squeaking. That’s normal. Tighten your straps after a minute or two and let me know if you think you’re going to vomit”

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
When go-fast newbies(like my old decrepit parents, for instance) ride with me, I always say: “You are going to hear lots of clicking, creaking, clanking, and squeaking. That’s normal. Tighten your straps after a minute or two and let me know if you think you’re going to vomit”
That's what headsets are for lol. I have seen a picture where someone mounted their shocks to a tube and each end of the tube had bushing that connected to the engine cage. Not sure if helped at all for noise, but it was an interesting picture.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
That's what headsets are for lol. I have seen a picture where someone mounted their shocks to a tube and each end of the tube had bushing that connected to the engine cage. Not sure if helped at all for noise, but it was an interesting picture.
I saw that same pic!

I finally bought a radio, intercom & headset package.

Reactions: the bodj

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I think the picture was in the “custom air intakes” thread (or something close to that)

Last edited:

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I want to see this pic!
It’s toward the bottom of this thread:

Reactions: 04yfzkid

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
I had also considered using half a urethane bushing on either side of the uniballs for the trailing arms. Just run big washers on either side with half a sleeve so you could torque the bolts down and it would stay centered. Full articulation and full isolation.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I took my boys to Truckhaven/Ocotillo Wells for an offroad weekend that was organized by my son’s academy.

On the way there, we joked, talked shit, laughed, and listened to the same Black Sabbath CD we have been rocking on father/son trips for the last 8 years. I had a headache from laughing by the time we hit S22.

Beers: 0
Expletives yelled: 0
Derogatory remarks about race, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc: 0
Misogynistic comments: 0
Dirt miles: 50ish
Broken bikes: 3
Broken RZR belts: 2
RZR flat tires: 1
Pounds of mud on the truck: 69

OBS Ford pride in the Indio Winco parking lot:

Pumpkin patch. Of course Michael found the most phallic rock formation...

Playground:

Pull started this kid:

Both my sons did some driving. My older son quickly grew accustomed to the quickened steering ratio and reverse manual valve body trans. He probably drove 15 miles. My younger son drove about 8 miles and was scaring me a lot less toward the end of his stint in the truck...

We had a great time, the truck worked well, and both my boys got to have lots of fun with their friends. We were even able to sleep a couple hours on Saturday night after the wind died down after 2AM... Sleeping in a tent in the wind is bullshit.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds