The sandy vagina

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I keep wanting to post something in here but there ain’t shit worthy of posting. It’s all small bull shit that’s just a time suck and don’t seem like it’s worthy of pics but I’ll try to get some tomorrow.

Oh and it’s a damn good thing those Barrett wheels didn’t show. Totally didn’t fucking realize they are not vw 5x205mm, they are the old school ford 5x10.25”. They say “wide 5” and I just assumed till I checked the specs to order new ones. Ha! Good save. Shitty part is there ain’t no cheap 15x8 or 7” wide wheels so fuck it, I’m painting the current ones black and calling it a day.

I did pull the supercharger apart today. That fucking pulley it came stock with was a fucking CUNT to get off! I fucked that pulley up big time. Took welding a nut to it and using a fine thread grade 8 to pull that bitch off. Then pulled the gear housing off to check bearings (that fuckin oil stinks like a van buren hookers twat) and pulled the rotors to check and clean. This thing was in damn good shape for 100k miles. Just took some cleaning with rags and good to go

Then put it back together and put the new hub and pulley on. I bought a stock 3.8” pulley and 3.5” pulley. I’m not looking for big boost but if she ain’t making enough boost/power on the dyno (6-7psi and 330ish hp), I’m fucking throwin that pulley on to get it there!

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I have concerns with that long of a belt and no idler in there but I guess the few ricer boys that ran this setup didn’t have belt issues so guess we will see.

@dose, dune season is over in April!

I almost want to take this on the Laughlin run

Reactions: dose

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I have concerns with that long of a belt and no idler in there but I guess the few ricer boys that ran this setup didn’t have belt issues so guess we will see.

@dose, dune season is over in April!

I almost want to take this on the Laughlin run
My Dune season starts in April and ends in April. One and done.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Hey something looks like it changed

Stripped and ready for paint.

Paint up and engine/trans back in. Now we can finally put this mother fucker back together for good.

Still needs exhaust, some gauges and wiring fixed, and probably some other little bull shit I’m forgetting but should be able to knock it all out pretty easy

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Well I went down a rabbit hole I was trying to avoid. I fuckin hate wiring but this needed to be gone through. I needed to add an AFR gauge at min and tried to see how I could fit it in the current gauge box. Wasn’t gunna happen. Opened it up and realized the Pandora’s box I neatly left and recovered up las time. Fuck me… no pics but plenty of raw spade connections, wires outside of crimp shielding, wires rubbing against steel… just shit I’m not too thrilled I left over the last 6 years from the previous owner.

So all that got pulled out… then I pulled all the split loom apart… and re-designed the power distribution.

Here’s an old ass pic of what the old gauge box was. Couldn’t put a gauge in that open hole because a fuse block was in there.

Gauge box removed and wiring fucking thrown about. Look at all that fucking electrical tape!

Once I figured out a new schematic and how to properly use the fuse block, I started on a new gauge bezel

My fucking awesome wiring schematic

Bezel lay out. Water temp, afr and boost. Ignition switch to the far left. First 4 - 1/2” holes will have switches for lights and last two are for alternator light and oil pressure light. Maaaaaaay add a oil pressure gauge but honestly, I fucking don’t hardly watch the gauges as is. Fuck it.

Behind the bezel. Fuse block is hidden. I’m going to put a hinged cover off the back here to cover all this shit

The fuel pump was not ran off a relay, I’ll be doing that now as I have a dw300 pump going in (give her all the POWA). Probably going to have the ecm control it as they are right next to each other (relays and ecm).

Once this shit is done, should go together fairly quick

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Fuckin gettin somewhere

Got the dash all done and back hinged cover done. 80% if the wiring done but need a few more spade connectors (ran out). Wiring is by no fucking means color coded but red = power and browns are acc ignition power. Black is ground other than the fucking oil and alt light the dude ran for wire (not fucking with that). Cover closes nicely and have room for a grommet/shielding at the pass through areas. Most likely will be looking for uniform gauges. I bought all these over a year ago without the mind set of putting them all together (boost would just be temporary) but that’s clearly changed. Then got the fuel pump relay setup and tied in to use the ecm.

I’ll get better pics of the cover in the mornin. It’s not the prettiest but there will be aluminum body paneling that will eventually cover all that.

Reactions: the bodj

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds