The Terminator 2

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
hahah I wish!! Its to set the speed limit in the pits so you don't get dinged on time for speeding.
Yea, i figured as much. BUT>>> if it has a speed signal from trans or GPS ... I would think you could program it so that you could set it to a certain speed for road duties too. Say 65mph.

Or if it's just rpm.. maybe just make it so it tries to hold a certain rpm??

It may not be as cool as being able to pick an exact speed on the fly... but for just wanting to go 65 and relax my leg, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Suppose there could be a safety issue unless you wired brake light switch into it somehow so it kills the circuit.

Reactions: smokeysevin

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Yea, i figured as much. BUT>>> if it has a speed signal from trans or GPS ... I would think you could program it so that you could set it to a certain speed for road duties too. Say 65mph.

Or if it's just rpm.. maybe just make it so it tries to hold a certain rpm??

It may not be as cool as being able to pick an exact speed on the fly... but for just wanting to go 65 and relax my leg, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Suppose there could be a safety issue unless you wired brake light switch into it somehow so it kills the circuit.
i believe it just limits the speed. meaning you can put the pedal to the metal, and it would only go a specified speed. doesn't allow you to relax your leg like cc does

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
It goes off of gps speed and cuts the ignition to maintain that speed. You leave your foot to the floor and let off the button, or turn a switch, as soon as you get out of the speed zone. The 10 car we raced had it, it was all done through the ecu. I think we had everything set up as .1mph less than the limit. Technology is getting pretty cool in the dirt stuff these days.

Reactions: smokeysevin

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Just let me know when you're ready to have me drop mine off and grab yours on that trade deal!!! I mean at least mine has a front clip and I've got some matching white bedsides I'll toss in to sweeten up the deal for you! :p

<------------------

LOL, nice ride man! You guys definitely have the means and know how to build a beautiful ride!!! Well done!!!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds