The X-BEAM Rager! TPR build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
A friend of mine reached out to me and said his friend Mitch (who is now my friend also) was looking to get into Prerunners. He had heard about mine and was interested to know if I could out something together for him.
We took the Trailer Park Pro Lite for a run and I could see it in his face we had a convert!
He got some good shots and put together a little video.
ENOUGH about the TPPL!

He said he wanted to start building something he could add to as he went along. He wants to keep the springs and has some 2.5x12 internal bypass shocks. Initially he just wanted longer radius arms. After riding in the TPPL he wanted to upgrade to some +6 beams and fabricated radius arms and an engine cage that we would later incorporate into a full cage and coilovers down the road.
Right now it's a 2WD 2.3 single cab with an 8.8 out of a expo and 5in rough country lift. I took the truck around the block and lemme tell you, driving in the country in this truck is rough AF on the kidney and back!

And due to his love of star wars we christened it the X-BEAM

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
One ride in a truck with decent suspension is all it takes to ruin lifted back breakers forever.
Had a guy at Toyota that made fun of my truck because it was 5 different colors and always dirty. I explained I put my money into making it go fast over big bumps. Few months later he went with us to the des. First ride i said "Are you ready to have no money and a crappy truck?" After that weekend he sold his maxima bought a 2wd Toyota and dropped thousands of dollars on suspension, glass we caged it, bumpers and all the fun stuff. He was then driving a truck that was 4 different colors. Ha.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Had a guy at Toyota that made fun of my truck because it was 5 different colors and always dirty. I explained I put my money into making it go fast over big bumps. Few months later he went with us to the des. First ride i said "Are you ready to have no money and a crappy truck?" After that weekend he sold his maxima bought a 2wd Toyota and dropped thousands of dollars on suspension, glass we caged it, bumpers and all the fun stuff. He was then driving a truck that was 4 different colors. Ha.
This sounds like one of those lifetime movie. Guy gets bullied for having a "ugly" truck that is more capable than most. One day bully rides with ugly truck guy. Ugly truck guy has perfect quote before blowing bully's mind. Bully becomes best friends and has ugly truck guy teach him everything he knows about being awesome with an ugly truck. Showing that what most people look at on the outside is not what matters. It's how good those suspenders work. I feel like the vandals might have wrote a song alike this

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds