The X-BEAM Rager! TPR build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
355⁰ welded all the tubes for the B, X, and bed cage. Along with welding up the harness mounts. My boy wanted as much room Inside thee truck as possible. Almost caught the goddam truck on fire!
Just a few more tubes here and there and I can disassemble the leaf packs, bump against the frame, and make the upper Shock mounts
Time today:6hrs
Time ribs in the smoker: 4hrs
Music: Slayer
Material Used: the rest of the grinder disk.
Down to about 1/3 wire left
And I had and had to get a new bottle of weld gas. The dude at praxair tried to wheel me out a smaller tank on the swap. I said this one is smaller yeah? He says it doesn't matter because they're all the same pressure. I said hold up. They may be the same pressure but the volume is different!

Not to much different between the two cages

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
The structure of the X-BEAM is COMPLETE!
such a relief! Been steady knocking out toobs on this one! Few hours a day almost every day.
Just a few more things:
Upper Shock mounts
Various gussets
Re-install the dash (Mitch gonna put the rest back in.
(Mount bedsides maybe) I e been trying to get him to take the old ones I have untill McNeil finally sends him the new ones he order

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
I had to pile an ass of stuff on the back of the truck so I could compress the main leaf enough. Ended up where it's slightly over arch at full bump. And at full droop I have to push slightly on the exel to get it to droop all the way out.
If I move the rear hanger slightly back will it keep the overall handling characteristics but also let the Shakeel lay all the way fwd? Basically I don't want it to bind when the wheels touch the ground again.
I think @partybarge_pilot told me to move the ones on my truck back and down? Or maybe rotate them. I've looked back in the TPPL and cannot find it.
Anyway... 4loko for size
Made some rough cuts to mock up the shock location. But like a dummy didn't get the droop shot. Maybe tomorrow.
Even fully stuffed the 35" tires don't hit the glass.

Reactions: Turboyota

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds