The Yuma 250

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Date: December 28-30, 2021
Total mileage to/from Yucaipa: 469; others went farther
Total dirt miles: 252

Trucks: 7; 3 Fords, 4 Toyotas
1. My Turboyota
2. Whitetrashkyle’s Linked F150
3. @ervin00 ‘s Fraptor
4. Mohawk Dave’s Toyota Sequoia Overland Command Center complete with Snorkle
5. @Motiracer38 ‘s Linked V8 Toyota
6. @FatJeff ‘s 4Skinner
7. @Travisfab ‘s Explorer

Time spent working on Toyotas: less than 5 minutes
Time spent working on Fords: many hours

Map:

Met at my house in Yucaipa and drove East straight into the sun for an hour. Picture from FatJeff.

Whitetrashkyle radioed that he was having trans problems, so we all pulled off in Palm Desert. Checked fuses, wiggled connectors, used profanity, blasphemed our lord and savior, but the WTKF150 would not move under its own power.

Dave towed him to the VatoZone parking lot, and Kyle, AccidentSon, and TunerAndrew went to work ripping off the trans pan to make sure the filter didn’t fall off or get clogged.

The rest of us drank beer at 730AM waiting for vatozone to open. Cheers.

After changing the filter, adding new fluid + Lucas magic voodoo trans fix fluid, and spilling oil everywhere, the WTKF150 still wouldn’t move, so Kyle called AAA chase and headed back to my shop.

Right around this time, @Travisfab randomly texted me and asked “When’s the next trip?”, to which I replied, “right now, meet us in Palo Verde.” Travis started packing his shit.

PlannedSon took this sexy pic:

Dave went to Chiriaco for some shit while we waited for him, then took forever airing down his tires with those fucking fancy deflater doohickeys and we waited more, and then we finally hit the dirt at Red Canyon Jeep Trail.

Beaumont playing whilst waiting for the others:

It was already 11:30AM, so we boogied East.

Regrouped when we hit Summit Rd. Golf cart chatter was terrible for some of the guys, per usual. The keen observer will notice @ervin00 partaking of brunch…

Sign denoting the start of the Bradshaw Trail

Bradshaw is a fast, fun rally-style road. We were making good time.

Inaugural trip for @FatJeff ‘s 4Skinner was going great so far:

Newfy (ervin00) looking quite pleased with the Fraptor’s performance. Or maybe it was the whiskey breakfast… whatthefuckever, we were having a fucking great time!

What a fancy fucking overlander Mohawk Dave is. Slide out fridge, roof-mounted pelican cases, bronze wheels, Patagonia jacket, expensive Marlboro 100’s, impeccably-groomed hitler youth haircut, fuck yeah!

Fuck you too, AccidentSon, PlannedSon and Newfy! You’re cool though, maitai…

To be continued… tapafuck is being a bitch about uploading pics today…

Last edited:

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Day 1 continued….

PlannedSon relaxing while we wait for FatJeff & Mohawk Dave.

Filled up with fuel and beer in Palo Verde, then crossed into Arizona near Oxbow.

Arrived at our campsite on the Colorado river at 315PM. Below: My dezert attire is all about comfort. Jogging pants, Vans, and a hoodie? Fuck you, I’m in my early 40’s and I stopped giving a fuck like 20 years ago…

We all skipped rocks until we threw our shoulders out.

Absolutely gorgeous weather

My eldest and Newfy keeping it fucking real. First trip in awhile that I didn’t have Fosters. Ervin00 knows what’s up though…

@Travisfab made it! Hell yeah!

RTT bros

Fuck that broken chair

Our usual spot was full of heavy machinery. They were removing a fuckton of dirt and rocks—maybe because a delta was forming at that wash. Heavy equipment activity was evident at our camping spot as well.

We all cooked dinner and proceeded to party.

We had an awesome fire because everyone brought tons of wood.

I ended up getting hammered enough to fall in the water. Mission accomplished. Me and both my sons crashed in my roof top tent. PlannedSon was less than stoked about how much Accident and I drunkenly snored and crushed him into the side of the tent. Fuckit, we were warm at least!

WhiteTrashKyle and TunerAndrew got a spare trans slapped into the WTKF150 and met us there that night! Fucking awesome! Wednesday morning was glorious:

Travis’ & FatJeff’s boys were instant buds

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
www.instagram.com
Looks like a blast. I laughed at the planned son. Verbage. Wife didn't find my laugh amusing. I really like the camping by the water. Should have brought the fishing poles. Maybe next year we will have a point to point capable truck.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

FatJeff

Apr 16, 2021
Redlands
Looks like a blast. I laughed at the planned son. Verbage. Wife didn't find my laugh amusing. I really like the camping by the water. Should have brought the fishing poles. Maybe next year we will have a point to point capable truck.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE

FatJeff

Apr 16, 2021
Redlands
Stupid post didn’t post my reply. Probably cause I am white. Fishing poles would have been awesome. I am going to put in mounts for poles in the 4skinner along with a better sleeping/tool/parts set up in the back. My son was more concerned with making it faster so we kept up with the others. I told him it was my terrible driving not the lack of horsepower that made us so slow. At least the fords had time to repair their trucks while waiting for me.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Stupid post didn’t post my reply. Probably cause I am white. Fishing poles would have been awesome. I am going to put in mounts for poles in the 4skinner along with a better sleeping/tool/parts set up in the back. My son was more concerned with making it faster so we kept up with the others. I told him it was my terrible driving not the lack of horsepower that made us so slow. At least the fords had time to repair their trucks while waiting for me.
Jeff, it was a perfect inaugural trip for the 4Skinner.
1. No crashes
2. No broken parts
3. You took it easy and didn’t fuck anything up.
4. You knew your limits and had WTK drive that challenging rock ledge.
5. Well fucking done

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds