TJW's '96 Ranger Backyard Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Well here is my 1996 Ranger:
This is my first truck, I got her when i turned 16 and it was bone stock!!! all work was done by me!
3.0 V6 with 265,xxx
5 speed
2x4
Procomp 6" lift
Glassworks front fenders
Pulled Bedsides
Joke of a bed cage/Light bar/ flag holder (my first welding project...8 years ago take it easy on me and yes it is square tubing...it was free! lol)
This is how she looked May of last year:

And then the next morning after the pic with the bikes in the back:

Long story short we were out on the dry lake bed and my power steering pump failed, wheels went to full lock to the left and we ended up on the driver side crawling out of the passenger window. Thankfully we were all fine and walked away with minor bumps and scratches
Now I have finally had enough time to get her in good enough shape and enough $$$$$ to start rebuilding her now that she is no longer my DD it's time to do it right! More pics to come...photobucket is taking for ever to load all of them! lol

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Yeah that was me...I was up there at Ben Clark doing the fire academy fall 2012!

I honestly can't believe the motor has made it this long! Can't tell you how many times I have had to drop the tranny tho! Lol stupid pilot bearing! I put 115,000 of the miles on it!

(Sorry haven't figured out how to reply with the quote yet )

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Looks like your square tube bed cage held up to the flop over!
Yeah I didn't budge at all just the light bar at the hinges bent...a guy at a shop I was working at said I did a decent job as far as triangulation just looked like dog shit cuz it was square tubing! Lol

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Here are some of the tear down/rebuild on the body work...had to get a new door from pick a part and ended up cutting the panel on the driver side out and replaced as well.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
That was out at silverwood lake...took cleghorn truck trail off the 15 nice little trail. Its kinda more for jeeps but still fun!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds