TJW's '96 Ranger Backyard Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
So if you weld up the OG fill hole and add one like Tommy did there on the top how do you know when it is full? Or do you just add 2 qts (Or whatever the book calls for) and call it good?

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
So if you weld up the OG fill hole and add one like Tommy did there on the top how do you know when it is full? Or do you just add 2 qts (Or whatever the book calls for) and call it good?
I still have the factory fill hole on the 3rd member...fill til it flows out...but I am adding a new fill port to the top of the housing to make things easier

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
So I got more work done today, unfortunately it is my last day of quarantine (yeah I got the 'Rona..dgaf) anywho...
Time:4 hours
PPE: jeans, boots, sweatshirt, beanie, muffs, safety glasses
Weather: 48*... cold as fuck! I'm with @the bodj I hate the cold! I wear jeans year round!
Tools: JD2 bender, grinder, tape measure, putty knife, piece of shit "back up" drill, 1.75 hole saw, and grinder with cut off disc
Material: approx 10' of 1.75x 0.120 DOM
Music: heavy metal
Explitives: "piece of shit x3" referring to the back up drill
Beverages: 6 Coors lights
Progress: got both of the floor tubes made, still need to sleeve them...I think I'm just gonna run a 90 out the back to the frame and cap the ends. Should clear the links no problem. Also scraped off the rest of the factory sound deadening shit or wtf that shit is.
Pics:

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Working in the cold sucks butt! Glad to see you're still making progress.
Yeah I'm glad to be back working on my own projects thats for sure! Even tho its cold as fuck, supposed to get snow this weekend lol

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
nice and tight to door seal!

You can miter tubes out the back up to top of frame. Doesn't have to be quite 90* either. There is plenty of space for links. The only issue I have ran into would be coil over clearance at full droop...

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
nice and tight to door seal!

You can miter tubes out the back up to top of frame. Doesn't have to be quite 90* either. There is plenty of space for links. The only issue I have ran into would be coil over clearance at full droop...
That is kinda the plan! I can't remember did you angle those tubes out the back up? I was looking at just running them parallel to the ground. This will also keep them really close to the back of the cab

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds