TJW's '96 Ranger Backyard Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
So I have a question for all of you that have trussed 9".... based on the research I have done looks like I need to "preload" the housing by 1/4" does that sound about right? As always I appreciate the input!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I preloaded 9in axles about 3/4in once the chain was tight and checked with alignment bar after and was straight as before. Welding them with my square tube fixture keeps everything nice and straight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
I preloaded 9in axles about 3/4in once the chain was tight and checked with alignment bar after and was straight as before. Welding them with my square tube fixture keeps everything nice and straight.

Ride on! I ended up just doing 1/4 after it cooled I pulled the straps it sprang right back to where it belonged!

Reactions: mikey09120

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
Forgot to add pics of the 9" all done

Looks awesome. Lots of hot rod shops have the fixture to be able to cut the ends off and weld them on nice and square again if it did warp but looks good. I've fixed some that weren't preloaded and they were off 1/2" on one side before

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Looks awesome. Lots of hot rod shops have the fixture to be able to cut the ends off and weld them on nice and square again if it did warp but looks good. I've fixed some that weren't preloaded and they were off 1/2" on one side before

God damn thats a long ways off lol! As always I appreciate the input from members like you, and all the other that have chimed in before I jump in to something that I have never done before! Just waiting on the new bearings to come in so I can slap the rear end back together and start working on the links!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds