Toyotally Awesome 94 pickup

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DWPhoto

DMC
Nov 26, 2007
1000 Oaks, CA
Flat towing sounds like a good idea until you rip a corner off.
I mean I've had a pretty decent track record of keeping the wheels attached to this pile. 11 years of abuse only have had to get carted off the field via trailer once... after this

I drive like an old women with gloves and a mask.🤡

On long trips like Glamis or further, I'll probably rent/ borrow a trailer. Otherwise, there is always the Logan's Chase team... (AAA). Those 4 tows a year aren't going to use themselves.

KM3s are night and day better than the KM1s... I can't tell any difference weight-wise.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
we flat towed for years with no issue. just put it in neutral (Stick shift). I read online it will ruin everything but whatever... Never had an issue

Motiracer38

Super Senior Member
Feb 14, 2006
Santa Clarita
Should be fine, just spins gear oil around. An auto needs the motor side to pump fluid to cool the clutches. As long as the gear stick doesn't bounce into gear you'll be good

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
ha yea sounds like everything I've found... 4wd with t case ? or 2wd
Towed a 1985 Solid axle 4x Toyota with a 22re. Manual hubs in the front. Just put it in neutral and went.

Buddy did it with his 4x 1986 Toyota 4runner also. He jack knifed by going over a small hill on a turn and the rear of his tow vehicle lost traction and his towed 4runner ended up ramming his bedside.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds