Do Dah

May 13, 2012
Kartek has 9/16 id shims for sway a ways

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
2.5 sways? Kartek has them. Just got shims for my 14" 2.5 sways like a month ago.

Edit: just checked, they have both 9/16 and 5/8 ID shims.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i guess kartek is out of stock for what we were looking for.

contacted Keven with dialed shock and he has some. my friend call McKenzies and they also have it. that supersized the shit out of me because last time i was at McKenzies i just happen to ask how sway-a-way has been now that afe owns them. they said that they have not had any contact with them. surprise. will see tomorrow.

picking up some 1.05 x 15
1.20 x 15
1.35 x 15
1.54 x 15
1.65 x 15

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
If you decide to purchase new shocks, You’d be fine with some 3.0x14” shocks. 16”s are HUGE shocks to try and cram up front, it’s doable but for not much gain, if any.
As for parts, depending on what you need depends on where you go. If you ever need new shafts I’d just pick up some KING shafts, shorten them and re thread the end for the rod ends and run those with King pistons and shims. It’s a relatively cheap upgrade for better piston and shims. You could even swap to the race series shaft and piston if you wanted, but a 3.0” Coilvover will also be a worthwhile investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
10CC is a good place to start.
Cool. And yea, i figured he left a little airspace when he made that comment. I was planning to fill them up.. and then suck out about 15-25mL depending on looks in there. lol.

I will try 10 instead. thanks. That doesnt' seem like much airspace... but i guess you probably don't need much!

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
so my truck has been ready to hit some dirt for a long while but it has only seen the dust on the street due to life and making everyone else around me happy.

next up will be the jump champs. i would like a desert day trip before.

after that is the baja 500. i have the week off for that.

i am not sure on this front spring combo on my 2.5 14" sway-a-ways. 16" 450/12" 300. just to get the front down kinda close of not looking like a sky wheely, i have about a neg. 1" pre load. that means fully dropped out i have a 1" space of no spring contact. and i need it lower. so i temporary put i a 50lb 4" tender spring. i have it as low as this set up will let me and its still sits to tall.

i am leaving it til i get some dirt miles but i am looking for other options. I know i need to remake my shock mounts to get where i need to but looking for a temp option til next november.

thinking of keeping the 16"450 with a 8"300 and a 4" 250. then i hope to have some ride height adjustment.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Something is fucked up in there, I have never seen a ranger with that amount of spring issues. The only one That has had a tender spring was running a single 300# coil. With your 180# initial rate you are no where near that. You should be into a couple inches of pre-load unless your shock mounts are totally in the wrong place.

Set front a zero pre-load and crank rear up to match. Monster truck.........

Reactions: charlie_brown

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
You would be better off getting a 16”x350lb bottom coil to run your 12”x300lb top coil. That will get you a tiny bit of preload up front which you need.

A lot of people don’t realize how critical it is to have a correct amount of preload. Too much preload and you’ll go into coil bind and have a very lazy truck that doesn’t want to respond well, too little or negative preload and you’ll have rebound issues and can have harshness from too much spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds