TT Motorsports and The Fab Lab

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

willis fab worx

long time member
Aug 8, 2013
surprise az
The panel will be pretty full but plenty for what I'm running. I'm rocking a 200amp panel at my current shop and have some open circuits still. I wanted to get a 400amp service and it's own meter but permitting wont allow a second meter on our lot since then we could build apartment and rent it out
My new house has two meters on it, I’m thinking about running the shop off the unused meter, it is a longer run but might be worth it down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Having 2 meters costs more. No real advantage to it if you can avoid it.

If your running out of room in the main panel, throw in a 100A breaker and put in a sub panel for the little bullshit to run off.

Reactions: Bertismyname

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Look into v.f.d.'s as well. If you put in a lathe or a mill it's a good way to get around no 3 phase. Don't work so well with welders. But for motor driven shit they work great.

willis fab worx

long time member
Aug 8, 2013
surprise az
More forms set and concrete Monday. Hopefully can get it all cleaned up and inspection done by end of week so I can start trenching for electrical and plumbing.
They made you do a drive off the road,,, I don’t know why they do that out here, you can live on miles of dirt road but they want a concrete drive onto your property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
All new construction or even permitted additions they said require concrete or asphalt driveway from road to end of right of way now. To prevent dirt and rocks from getting onto road. Also have to do gravel driveway all way to shop since you cant drive on native soil and create dust. But horses can run around and kick up dust all day long no problem.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds