TT Motorsports and The Fab Lab

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
What's limiting?
Ground clearance on the frame crossmember limits up travel and then the axle limits droop. If you look In my 4runner thread I have a picture of the c.v. I clearanced. I got 13 before adding straps and bumps and all that. At about 12.5 also on mine now. You could probably get more if you built custom arms and custom axles but with T100 axles 12.5-13 is the limit.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa,CA
What's limiting?
Frame/earth. Didn’t wanna cut any more frame out for bump travel. As is at full bump with 33s i got about 5 inches or less between the ground and the cross member. As far as droop the shocks are the limiting factor since I only have so much room to angle them around with the axels and the boxed upper arms.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
My kit is running custom rcv shafts with d44 hubs. Stock cvs on this kit wouldnt even get 15 inch before they were all bound up

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Do you know how much different the taco parts are from the gen 1 tundra stuff? The uprights, hubs, brakes, and axles mostly interchange even if they aren't the same p/n, pretty common on the gen 1 tacos to to swap to tundra brakes, I am in the process of swapping my tundra spindles for gen 1 tacoma manual hubs as well.

Sean

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I know the rotors and calipers are different than tacomas AND i believe the mounts on knuckles are as well but not 100% sure there. I do know my kit will fit the tundra's with a different width bushing installed on LCA and some slight modification to the towers to clear the larger engine and such.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds