TT Motorsports

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Nice mill. Most people overlook tree mills a buy Bridgeport's. In my experience the tree is a better machine.
Yes PEX air lines. Have done it in past without issue and was cake to hook up.

And yeah the tree mill is nice, power feed X and Y and Z as well as power knee. Only draw back is it's not a R8 collet so some tooling is a bit more money.

Reactions: smokeysevin

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
When my old business partner and I built our shop. We ended up with three tree mills. Kept two bought the third for the tooling and parts. Ended up being cheaper to buy the third than to piece the tool holders and needed parts together. It wasn't until after this that I had an opportunity to use a hurco n.c. machine Using bobcad and predator editor to program. I really like the old hurco machines as well. Same with tsugami chucker lathes.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I'll agree with fadal. I spent 6 months running 4 hurcos. But they were used for production runs of small parts that didn't need tight tolerances. I never used the hurco tight tolerance machining. The issues that I encountered were related more to communication between the p.c. and the machines. The dude at the shop next door had a fadal and it was constantly down.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
The quick change collets work very well still I have a full set from 1/4" up to 13/16 and it came with a shit ton of tooling, rotary table and vise. Ive had it for probably 4 years now. The side cover with power buttons for auto feed motor and main motor blew off on the freeway otherwise it's in perfect condition. I almost bought a second one at an auction last year but it couldn't be powered up and was said that it was taken out of commission because it made noise. Didn't want a can of worms there.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
They pop up quite often. Typically they are over looked because of the less common collet sizing. But once you have them I don't see them wearing out unless misused or neglected. Boelube t-9 is my go to for tooling storage . It has a high film strength and lasts for a long time.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Sandrail quick fix. Old mounts ripped off. Plated arm. Double 3/16 plates boxed up. Should work for the next year until customer upgrades his setup and goes with coilovers.

Reactions: FlapJack935

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds