TTmotorsports 1490

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego
Recently decided to sell my Toyota in favor of something higher caliber that I could eventually race. After doing some hunting I came across Jeff Solbergs ranger and after some dealing and 2 trips to Bakersfield I decided to bring it back home with me. As 90% of this truck is already done this will be more of a update thread as opposed to a build thread. Tommy did a great job on this truck and I'd eventually like to have him do a 5.3L swap and give a shot at running a few races next year. Currently threat equal length beams D44,crossover steering, 2.5 C/O and 3.0 bypass front, camburg link rear with 2.5 C/O and 2.5 bypass backhalfed with lay down spares etc, full floater rearend with disc brake etc.

Here's a link to the original build thread and some pics, I will be posing updates and questions as I go!
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/threads/91041-RedStar-Ranger-Build

Hauling it home to San Diego from Bakersfield

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanker Kranker

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Get some bigger bedsides and notch in around spares. One thing i didn't like on this truck. Also the giant seats. haha. Fun truck though. worked great.

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego
Get some bigger bedsides and notch in around spares. One thing i didn't like on this truck. Also the giant seats. haha. Fun truck though. worked great.
That's a little ways down on the to do list, planning on 10" glassworks bedsides. I actually like the fatman seats im 6ft 250lbs they fit me better than Jeff haha

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego
Got a little bit of work done this weekend. Made a run to the junkyard and scored some clean door panels, passenger airbag block off, radio and climate control bezel and got all that stuff installed. Removed the door bars since I'm daily driving the truck for now and will redesign down the road when I decide to race and relocated all the switches into the factory climate control area

Welded on some tabs so I could fold the light rack down and have it bolt down instead of resting on the lightbar

And got the ride height adjusted I brought the front down about 2 inches and got the alignment dialed in its driving much better now

Next on the list is new tires I'm on the lookout for 2 good old style Goodyear MTR or sell these and buy a set of 6 BFG KM2. I had the KM2 on my Toyota and loved them so I'm leaning towards switching to those

jeepspeed

Mega Member
Dec 29, 2004
Phoenix Arizona
Sell me the two spare mtrs you have. I need them!

Door bar delete and stock door panels was the way to go. Already cleaning this truck up in the right ways! Keep it up

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego
Sell me the two spare mtrs you have. I need them!

Door bar delete and stock door panels was the way to go. Already cleaning this truck up in the right ways! Keep it up
Thanks Logan I appreciate it I figure since I don't plan on racing within the year and they made it a total pain in the ass getting in an out of multiple times a day Ill do away with them for now. Shoot me a text on the MTR 619-971-6726

nickgbmx

OG Member
May 9, 2004
San Diego

Didn't have much time this weekend to get anything done but I got my alpine bt headunit installed so I finally have some tunes. And ordered my new tires they should be here Monday decided to give the KO2 a shot I've heard great things so we will see

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds