TTmotorsports 1490

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turtle Bite

Nov 3, 2018
West Richland, WA
I have always thought of the weighted pickups and fuel mats were for unbaffled tanks or cells with out foam. I have a 32 gallon fuel safe cell from 2002 and it has an AN bulkhead fitting with a straight aluminum tube that sits 1/2" from the bottom of the cell. I have good fuel delivery down to 3 gallons (I recently tested). Inclines become an issue below that level, but at 3 gallons I consider it out.

Keep it simple. Rigid tube to the bottom of the cell. Any rubber is eventually going to fail in a bath of gas.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I have always thought of the weighted pickups and fuel mats were for unbaffled tanks or cells with out foam. I have a 32 gallon fuel safe cell from 2002 and it has an AN bulkhead fitting with a straight aluminum tube that sits 1/2" from the bottom of the cell. I have good fuel delivery down to 3 gallons (I recently tested). Inclines become an issue below that level, but at 3 gallons I consider it out.

Keep it simple. Rigid tube to the bottom of the cell. Any rubber is eventually going to fail in a bath of gas.
Mine in 2Ghetto is a rigid metal tube(RCI 32 gallon Cell). You must turn slow? hahaha. Or do you have foam? I don't have foam.

If I drive slow, sure.. it will go much lower than 10 gallons. I know that around 10 gallons or less... If I do an extended high G right turn, I will get fuel starvation. It's almost like a built in fuel gauge for me. LOL

I had a 32 gallon JAZ in Ghetto1. It had the rubber hose. Note. It had the NON fuel rated (on outside) hose from the factory. Eventually the outside cracked... and was letting in air. It was a little trickier to diagnose. Because when it was full, the pin holes were below the surface of fuel! So after like 20-50 miles it would start randomly sputtering and do weird shit.

Turtle Bite

Nov 3, 2018
West Richland, WA
Mine in 2Ghetto is a rigid metal tube(RCI 32 gallon Cell). You must turn slow? hahaha. Or do you have foam? I don't have foam.

If I drive slow, sure.. it will go much lower than 10 gallons. I know that around 10 gallons or less... If I do an extended high G right turn, I will get fuel starvation. It's almost like a built in fuel gauge for me. LOL

I had a 32 gallon JAZ in Ghetto1. It had the rubber hose. Note. It had the NON fuel rated (on outside) hose from the factory. Eventually the outside cracked... and was letting in air. It was a little trickier to diagnose. Because when it was full, the pin holes were below the surface of fuel! So after like 20-50 miles it would start randomly sputtering and do weird shit.
I have foam. Rigid tube would totally suck without it. You would need SAE 30R10 rated hose for submersion. I would be suprised if most parts stores would stock it but easy to find on google.

Reactions: smokeysevin

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I have foam. Rigid tube would totally suck without it. You would need SAE 30R10 rated hose for submersion. I would be suprised if most parts stores would stock it but easy to find on google.
I have only found really small fuel pressure rated submersible fuel lines in stores. Like 3/16"

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2005
San Diego California
On the Terminator before we put a Hydromat in, which yes is expensive but sooooo so worth it, we built an aluminum pick up tube in the can with a 90* at the bottom so it didnt suck up the bottom on the bladder. You can get it through the top of the can with either a bulkhead fitting to hard line or a bulkhead to presslock and then just use a 2" piece of soft line as a jumper to save you from spending a million bucks on a hardline to AN bulkhead fitting.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds