Updated pics

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

98RangerDAVE

F-150 with a gen 1 Raptor swap.
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Finally gathered all the pieces to do the Gen 1 raptor front end swap. Had the shocks rebuild by Forged off-road and install the eibach coils for a little extra lift. With The extra width, I also installed a pair of McNeil racing flattop fenders. Gonna have them painted in April to match The truck. Front rides night and day compared to the stock f150 setup. Now I need to start saving some cash to get the rear buttoned up with a deaver pack. Coming soon.

Attachments

srhDGAFbro

Mega Member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
Jesus that thing sits way high, what perch setting do you have it on? The angle on those lowers from the pic looks pretty bad

Edit: may just be the angle of the pic?

98RangerDAVE

May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Jesus that thing sits way high, what perch setting do you have it on? The angle on those lowers from the pic looks pretty bad

Edit: may just be the angle of the pic?
I’m really hoping the eibach springs settle a bit. I only have 80 miles on them since the swap. The shocks are on bottom perch, but I spoke to the rep at eibach and he said they may not settle as much as I’m looking for. The truck is 2wd, with the 3.7 v6. The eibachs are built for the weight of the 6.2 v8 and the front differential. I’m missing about 400 pounds up front so if it doesn’t come down at least an inch after a few weeks of driving I’m going to throw the OEM black coils on and see if that’ll lower it a bit. It does sit like a monster truck at the moment.

Thugl1fe07

1SWTRDE
Aug 13, 2007
Riverside
@98RangerDAVE
Here is my Gen1 with the Eibach springs and perch on the lowest setting. I've had the Eibachs on for about 500 miles including a couple good off road and trail runs and they have not settled much.

Your set up will most likely stay that tall. Going back to stock front springs on the lowest perch setting will drop the front of the truck about 2.5"-3".
Stock springs on the lowest setting provides a nice ride so don't worry about loosing ride quality by going to stock. Eibach developed the raptor springs to get the height of 3rd perch setting while delivering the ride quality of lowest perch settings.

Attachments

Reactions: 98RangerDAVE

98RangerDAVE

May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
@98RangerDAVE
Here is my Gen1 with the Eibach springs and perch on the lowest setting. I've had the Eibachs on for about 500 miles including a couple good off road and trail runs and they have not settled much.

Your set up will most likely stay that tall. Going back to stock front springs on the lowest perch setting will drop the front of the truck about 2.5"-3".
Stock springs on the lowest setting provides a nice ride so don't worry about loosing ride quality by going to stock. Eibach developed the raptor springs to get the height of 3rd perch setting while delivering the ride quality of lowest perch settings.
thank you! I’ve been trying to get help like this on the raptor forums but only get the, “you’re not a Raptor” or “poser” comments. Not helpful.... haha. But I will be switching back to the black OEM coils next weekend. I would personally have a lower ride height and a smoother ride.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reactions: Thugl1fe07

srhDGAFbro

Mega Member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
I’m really hoping the eibach springs settle a bit. I only have 80 miles on them since the swap. The shocks are on bottom perch, but I spoke to the rep at eibach and he said they may not settle as much as I’m looking for. The truck is 2wd, with the 3.7 v6. The eibachs are built for the weight of the 6.2 v8 and the front differential. I’m missing about 400 pounds up front so if it doesn’t come down at least an inch after a few weeks of driving I’m going to throw the OEM black coils on and see if that’ll lower it a bit. It does sit like a monster truck at the moment.
Ahhh there's the issue. Ya the eibach coils are way too heavy for the 2wd trucks, i have a few buddies that tried it and went back to stock coils. The only better option is the geiser springs, they're progressive and worlds better than stock from what I've heard. They also dont rake the front end super high, ide say go back to stock coils and mid perch if you have a choice. Here is my front setup in my 2004 F150, raptor uppers, spindles, lowers, RPG tie rods, Walker Evans 2.5s w/remote resi and reinforced coil buckets

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 98RangerDAVE

srhDGAFbro

Mega Member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
thank you! I’ve been trying to get help like this on the raptor forums but only get the, “you’re not a Raptor” or “poser” comments. Not helpful.... haha. But I will be switching back to the black OEM coils next weekend. I would personally have a lower ride height and a smoother ride.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Also join this group on Facebook, it's the best resource out there for raptor swaps and F150s. Everyone for the most part is helpful

98RangerDAVE

May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Ahhh there's the issue. Ya the eibach coils are way too heavy for the 2wd trucks, i have a few buddies that tried it and went back to stock coils. The only better option is the geiser springs, they're progressive and worlds better than stock from what I've heard. They also dont rake the front end super high, ide say go back to stock coils and mid perch if you have a choice. Here is my front setup in my 2004 F150, raptor uppers, spindles, lowers, RPG tie rods, Walker Evans 2.5s w/remote resi and reinforced coil buckets

Took the afternoon to swap out the eibach coils back to the OEM black coils. Sits much better now and rides like it should. I also installed the larger OEM transmission cooler while I was working on it.

Attachments

Reactions: Thugl1fe07

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds