Updated pics

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

98RangerDAVE

F-150 with a gen 1 Raptor swap.
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Installed my ICON 95520 Leafs and the provided aluminum spacers. Install took about 5 hours total using 2 jacks and a friends help. Power tools help! Also did the dovetail cut and bumper horn trim in prep for a rear tube bumper this weekend.

Attachments

98RangerDAVE

May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
New tube bumper put together today. Took some design cues From the v3 style bumper. Added a bottle opener for camping and other off road adventures.

Attachments

Thugl1fe07

1SWTRDE
Aug 13, 2007
Riverside
Installed my ICON 95520 Leafs and the provided aluminum spacers. Install took about 5 hours total using 2 jacks and a friends help. Power tools help! Also did the dovetail cut and bumper horn trim in prep for a rear tube bumper this weekend.
How do you like the springs? Is the ride quality significantly improved and worth the price tag of the springs? I have been debating going Deaver or Icon but they both want $1,500 and its hard to justify paying that much for leafs haha!
I still want to be able to tow and haul stuff without squatting bad, I know the Icons come with additional springs for towing but I highly doubt I will want to remove leaf springs and pull the leafs apart just for the occasions when I need to tow something or put a heavy load in the bed.

Reactions: 98RangerDAVE

98RangerDAVE

May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
How do you like the springs? Is the ride quality significantly improved and worth the price tag of the springs? I have been debating going Deaver or Icon but they both want $1,500 and its hard to justify paying that much for leafs haha!
I still want to be able to tow and haul stuff without squatting bad, I know the Icons come with additional springs for towing but I highly doubt I will want to remove leaf springs and pull the leafs apart just for the occasions when I need to tow something or put a heavy load in the bed.
They are a huge improvement over the stock 3 leaf pack. I installed without the added leaf as I only tow a pop up trailer 5-6 times a year, and only carry a spare tire in my bed. You’re right though, removing the springs just to add/remove that extra middle leaf would be a pain. If you’re interested in ordering shoot me a PM, I have a contact that can get you 10-12% off the listed price.

Reactions: Thugl1fe07

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds