Updated pics

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
cause he's making it better thanwhats currently on the market now, plus I've heard a few people on here having issues actually obtaining one from someone. My guess is he's making one for a customer and will hold on to the files to remake them in the future.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
cause he's making it better thanwhats currently on the market now, plus I've heard a few people on here having issues actually obtaining one from someone. My guess is he's making one for a customer and will hold on to the files to remake them in the future.
This is why.

Edit: not necessarily better, but to actually make them available. It's been a fair bit of work getting the angles and everything to work, so I can see why more garage guys don't make them for their own builds

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
that changes the ratio and would actually make your pedal feel softer. Like you have to push more to get the same braking force.

Edit: Technically, I can lengthen both sides of the pivot arm and move them in line with the initial direction of the push rods (booster and master side), however, the angles would start getting extreme quick and the heim would hit the outer edge of the cylinder bore on the master.
Thinking move the middle pivot over and it would increase length on both sides to keep ratio the same. Say 4in from pivot to heim on each side.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Thinking move the middle pivot over and it would increase length on both sides to keep ratio the same. Say 4in from pivot to heim on each side.
I need the booster side heim as close to in line as possible with the push rod through it's stroke, since the push rod is sitting inside the female end of the heim, and a grub screw inside the heim to allow for proper depth. Unless the push rod from the booster isn't sticking very far in the female end of the heim, there isn't enough misalignment and the pushrod will probably crash into the threaded walls of the heim, thus limiting how far it can throw.

F-u250 just picked it up this evening and is going to try installing it tomorrow. Going to see if any changes need to be made. Hopefully it all works out.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA

mine has been working great once i got it adjusted right. i had issues with some of the different push rods from different boosters even thou they were for the same year make model of a ranger.

but it is always good to have choices. i mod mine to fit under the booster to get more room for shocks.

Attachments

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
mine has been working great once i got it adjusted right. i had issues with some of the different push rods from different boosters even thou they were for the same year make model of a ranger.

but it is always good to have choices. i mod mine to fit under the booster to get more room for shocks.
That's a cool setup!

Mine is on hold right now. Something got messed up in my CAD drawings so it wasn't offset enough and interfered on F-U250's ranger, and he's gotta get his truck back together in order to move, so I'm kind of at a stand still right now.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds