Updated pics

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

98RangerDAVE

F-150 with a gen 1 Raptor swap.
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Finished the install today. About 1/2 of my GoPro video clips won’t import properly into my phone so video is delayed until I can figure that out.

A few notes/tips from the install:

1. An extra pair of hands is extremely helpful when feeding the welded nuts into the frame. I used a smaller bolt to trap the nut inside the frame then had my wife thread the bolt in while I held everything from inside the frame.

2. The Forged Offroad kit reuses the OEM rubber bumpstop bolt which I didn’t have (because I had the ICON spacers installed which required a longer bolt.) so I pick up a pair of grade 8 bolts / lock nuts at Lowe’s to accommodate.

3. MAKE SURE, again, MAKE SURE you install the crossbar into one side of the bumpstop brace BEFORE putting the other brace on. Ask me how I know….. really though I installed both bump braces THEN tried to install the cross brace, you can’t. I had to remove the passenger side brace and reinstall after installing the cross brace.

4. When installing the axle strike plates, make sure you line up the leaf pack centering bolts before letting the leaf springs back down. Took me a few tries before figuring out what I was doing wrong.

All in, the install was about 4 hours total. 1 hour last night and 3 hours today.

Attachments

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Got my new T-shirt design done and some shirts in stock. Ready to ship.

IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4466.JPG
IMG_4467.JPG
IMG_4468.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4470.JPG

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
OK well a couple weeks ago I picked up an 03 2500HD with a lance cabover camper. Super nice truck and camper.

I7ro5LNl.jpg

And then on Sunday I flew from Santa Barbara up to Redmond, OR to buy this 2004 Loaded Toyota Sequoia 4x4 and drove it home sunday evening and then slept in it and drove the rest of the way home today. Took me around 13hrs total of driving and slept in the front seat of this thing for 8 hours sunday night and then woke up this morning at 6:30 and finished the drive home.

20210906_194453.jpg

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
OK well a couple weeks ago I picked up an 03 2500HD with a lance cabover camper. Super nice truck and camper.

View attachment 229287

And then on Sunday I flew from Santa Barbara up to Redmond, OR to buy this 2004 Loaded Toyota Sequoia 4x4 and drove it home sunday evening and then slept in it and drove the rest of the way home today. Took me around 13hrs total of driving and slept in the front seat of this thing for 8 hours sunday night and then woke up this morning at 6:30 and finished the drive home.

View attachment 229288
Why not sleep in all the space in the back? So much room for activities

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
The sequoia is going to get some bilstein shocks and SPC UCA's for a while with the bigger 285/70R17 tires for a while. I want to build it in the future and will start gathering parts to do that to it but that's a long ways out from now.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds