WannaB4000

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You shouldn't be cutting into anything motor support related. Unless it's that much different from a full size? Full size is just trimming back the bottom flange on the frame. Then box in that section.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Yes, if you don't it will crack eventually. That looks like it needs a lot more cut out than a fullsize. I would trim out what it needs, even into the side of the frame rail. Then plate it back in like a frame notch in the rear would be. Run the plate all the way into the cross member boxing it all in.

Smithsl160

May 5, 2020
Oklahoma
So I ended up just taking a small bit out of the lowermost flange. Once this was out, the next thing that bottomed out was the front driveshaft knuckle and the inside flange of the frame again. Decided to go ahead and halt the cutting there and call it good. The notch for the dif gave another ~1" of uptravel.

I will box this in via advise from the elders.

This additional travel made the bump stop mounts look and feel a bit more reasonable. Here is what I have so far. They still feel a little dainty, but the bumps should bottom out at the same time that the shocks land on their rubber stops.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds