WHAT TABLET DOES EVERYONE RECOMMEND?!?!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
I use Gaia with ipad mini.
works for me and its free.
I found it easier to set up and track routes
I tried motion x but didn't like how much work it was to download maps and build routes
I really like motion x pro. Turboyota and I can easily share maps and track when we go out together. And the map and tracking stays whether you have service or not.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Problem with tablets is the GPS engines in them are not fast enough to keep up with race pace. Same reason nobody uses Garmins. Also Garmins have limited waypoints on trails. TT teams are using Lowrance with like 14" screens.

Also, connections on a tablet are not racing proof.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
Tons of racers are using iPads. More so now than ever. Some have a Lowrance as back up. We raced all last season on iPad and iPhones (ended up Class 2000 MORE champions too) without a Lowrance at all.

iPads sample at 1/sec which is PLENTY for limited class vehicles (under 80-100mph). If you are frequently reaching speeds of 100+mph, you should look into getting a DUAL Sypro 160 which pairs with the iPad and samples at 10/sec. You WILL NOT outrun the GPS. They are made for ~200+mph airplanes. No connections needed except charging cable to iPad.

Most of the older guys have stuck with Lowrance as that is what they are used to and it gives them warm fuzzies. If their old man eyes need a big screen, get the iPad 12.9".

Last edited:
Reactions: P.R.exploder69

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Bumping this, did Motion X Pro get removed or the name changed? I can't seem to find it.

Sean
Yeah, if you had it already installed it is still on your device and can make your own maps but it’s no longer supported with updates. I switched to Gaia and it works well, but requires money for maps.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Mikey2874738192929292 FUCKING CALL ME BACK! I HAZ BIG CONFURRSSEE ON WHAS HANANANANING IN THIS THREAD!!!!

Sent from "someone that you know's" poonany phiZZZone

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Ok, since Mikey6969696969ILUVBIDENSASS wont answer my calls or texts, I'll try and ask here.

Basically,
WTF are you guys talking about? As far Motion X and stuff? wha5 is it? i know it 'has loadable maps/trails to follow but...... i still have confuse??? is it an app i pay for, download, then i can upload/dowload maps? simple as that?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds