what welding helmet do you use/like??

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
my old harbor freight liner gave up. looking to get a new helmet or maybe just a new liner.

what do you use and what makes it nicer?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
After my Speedglass got broken on a job site I tried a few others. Just bought a replacement lens for the Speedglass, still like it the best. I have an almost new Arc 1 for sale.

Last edited:

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
for various off and on fab i love my speedglass. a welding school teacher gave it to me back in 2007 when i was learning to weld in highschool. it was second hand and 13 years later i still love it.
for constant welding under the hood for 8-10 hours a day i prefer a huntsman 411p

theres all sorts of fancy head gear lately and stuff that is SUPER comfortable, but i just prefer and trust the old and simple stuff.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Ironically, I forgot my helmet on the last job. Got a HF 39$ helmet. It worked. No idea how the batteries get changed. Maybe when they die you buy a new one? It now lives on the truck as a spare.

bradbury

Jun 25, 2008
Riverside
I heard alot of great things about speedglass but when I needed a new helmet a couple years back I couldnt swing it so I bought the Antra AH-7. Works good for me just being a hobby guy and definitely better than the old HF it replaced.

Reactions: AshtonP59

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I use the Miller Digital Elite. Phenomenal helmet. Super clear vision, easy to control and change lenses and whatnot.

PS: I'm not an old man by any means, but I ordered a 2.5 cheater lens on amazon and absolutely love it. Makes a huge difference in being able to see the weld pool clearly without straining my eyes.

HBFENDERBENDER

V8 Ranger
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Hill
i had a miller elite it lasted a year and half before it broke. the whole automatic lens setup completely died. My speedglas before that lasted 9 years.

In the market for a new one. i have a shitty harbor freight one currently, works for now but i hate it and its uncomfortable.

Reactions: ljubera0250

ljubera0250

Mega Member
Jun 2, 2008
Hemet, CA
www.instagram.com
I have a Speedglas 9100xxi and I love it. The optics are so much better than our older Speedglas helmet and I love that you can also use it if you need to grind, etc. It's a bit pricey, but well worth the investment. Both Ryan and I use it and it's our go-to helmet especially for tig.

Here's the link for more info.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds