Whoaaa, I must be tripping .... Project GhettoTrip. G3 Bitches.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ Correct. It's a powder coat. It has a slight texture to it though. Not a smooth finish.

we chose it because it matches the factory plastic the best. We took samples home from the poweder coating company.

An astute observer would notice that in these Rangers... the plastic on trim in gauge cluster has a texture... as does most of the black plastic in the truck. However, the center section where stock radio and climate control goes... is actually smooth!

We decided to just go with textured all around.... and it came out awesome.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
G3 went to Tuff trucks...

and did pretty good... Considering he still needs way more tuning. I suppose we should just do it all at once when we do bypasses up front.

But, the rear is still too damn mushy.. and the front pushes because of it too. We even tried removing spare, etc to drop some weight in the back.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ I do. Not worried about multiple changes though. It's gonna be like starting over anyway with new bypasses in front.

And yea, it's definitely camber related. When he gets on the gas... it squats down in back and lifts the front into a positive camber condition... and then you just push!

Don't think he has too many issues when turning while heavily braking. We'll get it figured out soon. He can't be happy with a 6th in street class. LOL

He has way less tuning time than the rest of us. I think we have only changed valving 2x.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds