Whoaaa, I must be tripping .... Project GhettoTrip. G3 Bitches.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
Yea, I told him he could shorten them. He shortened them a little more than I would have... (the OG tab when we found pivot point was much taller)

And they are a little longer than what I would like because of where the coil over mounts. That's another reason why we ended up boxing them.... And why the top box welds to beam too. I think they might hang on though.

If that beam overlay is only 1/8"... i wonder if it will just rip that off?

Only one way to find out!! LOL.
i like your style. trial and error. i found a crack on a set i did like that years ago... welded it up before a race and never checked it again. lol

Reactions: FasterNU

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
What are you, a communist? We use freedom units here better know as FU's.

Also, lathes (King has Haas) will start the threading cycle at the same spot. But, since a different tool is cutting the shoulder, offsets can change, things may not be the same batch to batch. If you have 2 caps that came off the machine back to back, they would be the same. There is no way to guaranty that though.

HAHAHA. Well, i DO live in CA! lol

The damn cheap calipers (I think Harbor fail)... have too wide of tips for one... So i couldn't even do it without screwing it way out... And two...then the numbers I was working with were too damn small to calculate easily. So, decided it would be easier to work with bigger numbers. Plus the soft tape we took arc length measurement was metric.

Besides. We all KNOW the metric system is far superior when doing physics and conversions. We should move to it.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Well. The nerve racking experience is over. It appears to have worked. They actually ended up spinning on a tad further than we wanted. (lined up good by hand. But we twerked um on with loctite a little further.

Shortened spacer...

So.. he finally has the 2.5 KIng prerunner triple bypasses on now!
We did a full .020 stack on the comp .. with the fulcrum washer removed. So semi rate plate-ish. Top tube = 3 turns out. Bottom Tube = 6 turns out.
It just has a normal .008 on rebound. Rebound tube is fully open to start

Coil Over has as close to a 12 stack we could get. And a .008 on rebound

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
All that matching black anodize and silver powercoat on the springs looks mighty nice!

Matching hammered swinger paint(kinky)??? You’re really classing up this joint.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
This King bypass has no real free bleeds in the piston. Just a tiny one that is not tapped. So there is that little guy still. If it had bigger ones... I would plug them all.

I am pretty sure we have all free bleeds out in the CO. Shit, I didn't even check. There's definitely not more than one if any at all.

Last edited:

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
This King bypass has no real free bleeds in the piston. Just a tiny one that is not tapped. So there is that little guy still. If it had bigger ones... I would plug them all.

I am pretty sure we have all free bleeds out in the CO. Shit, I didn't even check. There's definitely not more than one if any at all.
You want the coilover to control low speed damping so I'd plug 1 or whatever a beamed truck should have without a bypass. Then run a poppet valve with a bleed hole in the bypass.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I bet if i dug through this thread the info will be there on how many bleeds.

I asked him how it drove so far... just home from my house. streets and like 2x decent dips that would wreck a normal car at speed.

He said it felt mushier.... yet had more oversteer like sway bar was kicking in. And said it felt a little soft on dips.. but plush.

So from what he is saying.. it sounds on soft side for sure.

It was pushing too much before... especially if on the gas. The back is still way too soft. IMO we need to look at more comp in rear bypass and get that working better before we worry too much more about the front.

If you are reading this Cletus.. de-pressurize those rear shocks and pull them. Oh and did you ever pay me for the shims, punk!? Wher'es my money man!? Why you dodging me? LOL

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds