Will I need more Tranny Cooling?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

BMH

Hi,Bye.
Jun 25, 2007
San Diego
So I have 2000 Silverado. 37"s. 4.56. Cam and Longtube. 3k stall

The tranny kept overheating last trip. I realized bc I have an aluminum radiator w no tranny cooler. It's just using the Factory cooler.

I got a Derale 15" cooler. And planning on getting an OEM Radiator w tranny lines.

Will it be enough or should I get a 2nd cooler? (Pic of cooler attached)

Thanks DR

Attachments

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
that style cooler mixed with the oem cooler lines into the radiator worked really well for me in my silverado on 37s even in glamis, but i didnt have a 3000 stall converter.

Reactions: BMH

BMH

Hi,Bye.
Jun 25, 2007
San Diego
Thanks for feedback.
What did you end up doing HXCkid?

Truck wont tow, itll drive mostly in Baja/plaster city

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
ended up selling it before i dealt with it. truck originally came with a trans cooler, but i wanted a fan for slow speed towing. once the trans got hot, that wasnt enough to cool. If i kept the truck i would of put a nicer unit on it.

Reactions: BMH

andrewzermeno

Mar 4, 2017
Madera,CA
I've recently purchased the same cooler after hearing nothing but good things about them, good luck! Also running 37s, Post pictures. :D
IMG_E1644[1].JPG

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Derale makes 2 versions of that cooler, one is a tube (what is shown there) and one is a stacked plate setup.

Sean

BMH

Hi,Bye.
Jun 25, 2007
San Diego
Ended up picking this brand new cooler for a steal. Also ordered a Mishimoto OEM replacement Radiator.

Planning on running these in the bed now. Where do you guys buy your fittings? & easiest way to measure (the fittings) lol?

Thanks DR

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: smokeysevin

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Here in Vegas we have a couple industrial hose supply shops. I typically take my stuff in there, set it on the bench and tell them what I want to do and they either make my hoses on the spot or they give me all the materials to do it depending what I'm in need of...

Reactions: smokeysevin

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds