Wonder Bread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Ladrillo blanco.

also my old xj overheated constantly and ate water pump bearings all the damn time. I miss that piece of shit.

Reactions: A.J.

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
The FIL I mentioned earlier had an older cherokee, he drove it everyday. It overheated and he had it towed to the dealer. They said head cracked. While he was there he bought the brand new one I mentioned and still had them fix the old one. The old one sat in the driveway un-used until he passed. Then I got the new one.....head was cracked lol!

Reactions: SoupGFX

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Mine doesn’t overheat, but it also needs the AUX fan running when pushing it hard or playing. I wired in a relay to so I can turn the AUX fan on when I want it on. I also took the transmission fluid out of the radiator and plumbed it into a big stacked plate cooler in front of the radiator.

It still gets pretty warm 215-220 when fully loaded and climbing big hills on the highway. I have 4:88 gears and 35’s, so it runs at about 2600 rpm at 70. 3200+ in 3rd gear climbing grades.

The cooling system in mine was “gone through” before I got it. It had a fresh water pump, t stat housing and radiator. The coolant was nasty though. Straight rusty sludge. I flushed it out like 5 times, so much crap came out of it.

DABCCE2B-8214-4484-9E52-4D7C2131D0B7.jpeg

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Mine doesn’t overheat, but it also needs the AUX fan running when pushing it hard or playing. I wired in a relay to so I can turn the AUX fan on when I want it on. I also took the transmission fluid out of the radiator and plumbed it into a big stacked plate cooler in front of the radiator.

It still gets pretty warm 215-220 when fully loaded and climbing big hills on the highway. I have 4:88 gears and 35’s, so it runs at about 2600 rpm at 70. 3200+ in 3rd gear climbing grades.

The cooling system in mine was “gone through” before I got it. It had a fresh water pump, t stat housing and radiator. The coolant was nasty though. Straight rusty sludge. I flushed it out like 5 times, so much crap came out of it.
Thanks for the info. I’ll look into the auxiliary oil cooler. I do know the water pump and and radiator was replaced. Has a big aluminum radiator also.

So my side job I work for www.bajaracingsupply.com . I rebuild and revalve shocks locally usually 4-5 sets a week and we are probably one of the largest retailers of RuffStuff Specialties parts online, both Amazon and eBay. So I’ve got a plethora of parts sitting here in stock for this thing, Both the front and mid frame stiffeners, diff covers, sway bar relocation bracket, and debating picking up a DIY long arm kit.

After the stiffiners go on I’m going to build a simple 2/3 rock slider.

Eventually want to go to a 33 or 35 but will happen after all the other parts are on

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Got the extra parts today.

JCR Weld it yourself winch bumper
Motor mounts
Air filters
Trans filter
Coil filters
ACCO’s adjustable coil spacers
Rubicon Express 4.5” lift leaf pack
Extended braided steel brake lines
And a sweet Hi Lift jack to do jeep shit with

He included all these parts with it

And have a set of 10” 2.25 SAW’s I’ve debated on putting on if they fit
2F337002-00A9-4D7E-BC00-D8251E243710.jpeg
4C5C3E23-DF15-4A23-92AB-87B8614897F7.jpeg

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
So I haven’t done much so far other then ditched the bar pin top mount on the rear shocks. The bushing housing was contacting the body when the suspension bumped on the street.
Went thru and tightened the shit out of everything on the front end and she’s already so much nicer to drive.

want to tac up the front bumper and get that burnt in. And have to clean the body rails to prep for the frame stiffeners.

Reactions: Horunner

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
So I haven’t done much so far other then ditched the bar pin top mount on the rear shocks. The bushing housing was contacting the body when the suspension bumped on the street.
Went thru and tightened the shit out of everything on the front end and she’s already so much nicer to drive.

want to tac up the front bumper and get that burnt in. And have to clean the body rails to prep for the frame stiffeners.
How much crap do you need to chop off and grind flat to get those stiffeners in?

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Honestly don’t have to cut or grind. Have 18’ of body rail to clean the 1/4” under body coating from
Sounds sticky! I’ve had good luck with the polycarbide wheels from harbor freight for removing undercoating without melting it and slinging it everywhere. Wire wheels and flap discs always make it sling for me.

Reactions: A.J.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds