Wonder Bread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
50 miles test run to the end of Picacho Road to the river with the fam yesterday was a success, nothing fell off! Ha. Definitely rides a hair firmer but that was expected, next up will be to swap in the 2.25 10” Sway-A-Away’s onto the rear and see what I can come up with, stupid SAW valving may end up sleeving the SAW shaft to accept FOX valving,

And probably going to ditch the roof rack and stock rails as they rattle pretty good, will build a customer roof rail and rack, have many ideas!

And cardboard CAD designing a rear bumper, already have a JCR weld in yourself bumper for the front, just need to weld it up
6C57CEF1-963B-45A2-97A1-E123FA3599FF.jpeg

Last edited:

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Lol, yeah the campground on the river, cruised around in the hills on the north side of the mountains with the kids for a couple hours.

10 minute drive from the house to the dirt. Damn Californians have destroyed the road, wash board for 15 miles.
Must have been 75 cars up there with people doing there standard So Cal Overlanding.

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I would love more details about the headliner. That turned out great. So it’s just some foam backing fabric from a craft store that you contact cement in? Does it stretch for the curves?

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I would love more details about the headliner. That turned out great. So it’s just some foam backing fabric from a craft store that you contact cement in? Does it stretch for the curves?
Exactly, most crafts stores carry the foam backed headliner in Gray, black, blue, and Tan. Locktite or 3M Headliner Adhesive,
Prepping the headliner backer board is the most important part. Make sure you get ALL of the old foam off before you lay anything down. It will show all left over material once you lay the new over the old. Nylon hand brush to scratch it clean
TrailRecon did a pretty good write up on there’s

Reactions: dose

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
this looks waaaaay simpler than pulling mine out and trying to clean it. Mines dirty as hell from many many dirt miles. vacuuming dont do shit to it.

Reactions: A.J.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds