Wonder Bread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Stayaway valving works the same as any other shock, it's all in how you stack them up. The clamping diameter matters, hole size in the shim does not.
Guess I didn’t think about it like that, the shaft diameter is much smaller on the SAW’s then a fox shim. I didn’t think asking as I center all the shims before I torque the nut down I shouldn’t have any issues. They can’t really go anywhere

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Wait. Swayaway shim ID on 2.0-2.5” body shocks is 9/16” and Fox is 1/2”

You’ll be able to use king 5/8” ID shims but not fox.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
If you sleeved it you would also need a washer with a counter bore to clear the sleeve so that you actually tightened down on the shims.

You are better off just sticking with Stayaway shims.

Reactions: mikey09120

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
So temporarily mounted these due to the current white body shocks were fucked internally. Not leaking just no compression.
Piggyback resi would have to hang over the axle and potentially be smacked by the axle on compression so mounted this way Until the JKS Shock Relocation bracket shows up. Been showing on backorder for a month.

No I’m not going to be going off-road, so no I won’t be smacking the resi off the shock in the mean time

Crazy how well they fee already thou, were replacements off a Nissan Titan from SAW. But the valving seems to be spot on!

Yes I need to reseal the diff, I will when I grab a new RuffStuff Diff Cover
D0BF7A07-8F9A-434A-A77B-845CE7A891E9.jpeg

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Swapped the upper uniballs for bushings today and all chatter noise is gone now, will daily until the shock relocation comes in,

Highlight of my day is $25K in Ruff Stuff products left heading for Amazon Warehouses., spent the last week and a half inventorying, packaging and reboxing everything to send to Amazon. All parts sold under the vendor Baja Racing Supply.
Needless to say the UPS man was not thrilled. All boxes weighed up to 49.9 pounds.

Have a lot more that will need to be packaged but I’ll let my back recover a few days
BE9B518C-3E9D-4BE9-9560-9DCAF44E161C.jpeg
8DDA21E1-D59C-4B8A-B6B9-163DF408F800.jpeg

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
If it ain’t one thing it’s another, coming down my street from work the Brake Light comes on. Pull into the driveway, pop the hood. master is dry on the outside, front brakes are dry. Go to the rear and boom! Leaking left rear wheel cylinder. Parts for both sides on order from Amazon. Hopefully won’t have to replace much else but my luck I’ll need new hardware kits and shoes. Probably drums if I’m super lucky!🙁

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
If it ain’t one thing it’s another, coming down my street from work the Brake Light comes on. Pull into the driveway, pop the hood. master is dry on the outside, front brakes are dry. Go to the rear and boom! Leaking left rear wheel cylinder. Parts for both sides on order from Amazon. Hopefully won’t have to replace much else but my luck I’ll need new hardware kits and shoes. Probably drums if I’m super lucky!🙁
ZJ disc swap!! It’s super simple and they are a million ZJ’s in the junk yard. I only modified the e brake arms a little because I was too lazy to change the cables. Combine that with that WJ front knuckles/dual piston brakes and mine stops good on 35’s.

Reactions: A.J.

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
ZJ disc swap!! It’s super simple and they are a million ZJ’s in the junk yard. I only modified the e brake arms a little because I was too lazy to change the cables. Combine that with that WJ front knuckles/dual piston brakes and mine stops good on 35’s.
That’s a great idea! I’ll look into it in the future. Wheel cylinder for now🙁

Soooooo many things I want to upgrade, just need to get as many things done as I can before fall and the weather is back to livable and be able to go wheel it every weekend

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Swapped the upper uniballs for bushings today and all chatter noise is gone now, will daily until the shock relocation comes in,

Highlight of my day is $25K in Ruff Stuff products left heading for Amazon Warehouses., spent the last week and a half inventorying, packaging and reboxing everything to send to Amazon. All parts sold under the vendor Baja Racing Supply.
Needless to say the UPS man was not thrilled. All boxes weighed up to 49.9 pounds.

Have a lot more that will need to be packaged but I’ll let my back recover a few daysView attachment 226639View attachment 226640
Are you a distributor for Ruff Stuff or you are Ruff Stuff?

I'm out of the loop in NJ! lol!

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds